Compiling Dooble

Help
maandree
2013-04-12
2013-05-30
  • maandree

maandree - 2013-04-12

I'm having problem building Dooble. I have figured out that a need to download the
    source with `svn co https://dooble.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/dooble dooble`, to get
    LibSpotOn, and that I need to run `qmake -o Makefile dooble.pro` as stated in Doc/COMPILING,
    which I'm doing after `cd dooble/trunk/browser/`.
    But then I run `make` (as stated in Doc/COMPILING for every OS except GNU/Linux) ,
    and get:

Source/dbookmarkspopup.cc:53:29: fatal error: QFileIconProvider: No such file or directory
    #include <QFileIconProvider>
                                 ^
    compilation terminated.
    make: ***  Error 1

Also, how to I checkout specific versions of Dooble rather than the lastest commit.

• Guess Who

Guess Who - 2013-04-12

Linux distribution? Version of Qt?

As for the other question, you'll need to become familiar with Subversion.

• maandree

maandree - 2013-04-12

Linux distribution?
    Yes, Arch, but which distribution should not matter, right?

Any version if QT is fine, the available ones in Arch is:
    2.3.2, 3.3.8b, 4.6.3, 4.8.4 and 5.0.2

I could not find any information on how to list versions what worked on the Dooble repository.

• Guess Who

Guess Who - 2013-04-12

I believe the first line of Doc/COMPILING contains the suggested Qt version. I recommend Qt 4.8.4. Qt 5.0.1 is supported as well. For 4.8.4, qmake -o Makefile dooble.pro. For 5.0.1, qmake -o Makefile dooble.qt5.pro. Issue qmake -version to find the version of Qt that you're using.

• maandree

maandree - 2013-04-12

I have tested both qmake-qt4 and qmake-qt5 (= qmake), the error message was for qmake-qt5,
    for qmake-qt4 it is:

g++ -c -m64 -pipe -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -pipe -fstack-protector -param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -mtune=generic -O3 -Wall -Wcast-align -Wcast-qual -Werror -Wextra -Woverloaded-virtual -Wpointer-arith -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DDOOBLE_LINKED_WITH_LIBSPOTON -DDOOBLE_MINIMUM_GCRYPT_VERSION=0x010500 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WEBKIT_LIB -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSql -I/usr/include/qt4/QtWebKit -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -IInclude -Itemp/moc -IInclude -o temp/obj/dcookies.o Source/dcookies.cc
    In file included from /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/QtCore:53:0,
                     from Source/dcookies.cc:51:
    /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qtconcurrentfilter.h: In function ‘QtConcurrent::ThreadEngineStarter<void> QtConcurrent::filterInternal(Sequence&, KeepFunctor, ReduceFunctor)’:
    /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qtconcurrentfilter.h:108:47: error: typedef ‘Iterator’ locally defined but not used
         typedef typename Sequence::const_iterator Iterator;

cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors
    make: ***  Error 1

• Guess Who

Guess Who - 2013-04-13

By default, all warnings are treated as errors. See QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE in the project file and remove -Werror. I believe all Qt4 project files, save ARM (perhaps), have Werror enabled. Therefore, Linux (Debian and Ubuntu), FreeBSD, OS X, and Windows build without issues.

• maandree

maandree - 2013-04-13

/usr/local/dooble/Dooble: error while loading shared libraries: libspoton.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The directory /usr/local/dooble/Lib has not been created.

• Guess Who

Guess Who - 2013-04-14

Please see LD_LIBRARY_PATH usage.

• maandree

maandree - 2013-04-15

If you are referring to Doc/README, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to /usr/local/dooble/Lib because it is set so when running /usr/local/dooble/dooble.sh, but /usr/local/dooble/Lib does not exist.

• Guess Who

Guess Who - 2013-04-15

So, you managed to build Dooble from source. Since you do not have Dooble installed in /usr/local/dooble, I could not merely suggest that you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to reference /usr/local/dooble/Lib. Instead, I was suggesting that you use LD_LIBRARY_PATH to influence the dynamic linker. Simply set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, in some terminal, to reference LibSpotOn. For example, export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./LibSpotOn. Then, from that very same terminal, launch Dooble. For example, ./Dooble. That must work, for it works in every conceivable universe, imaginary or not.

• maandree

maandree - 2013-04-15

I _do_ have Dooble installed in /usr/local/dooble, but there is no LibSpotOn, it has _not_ been installed.

• maandree

maandree - 2013-04-15

libspoton.so has been built to the directory LibSpotOn, but it was never installed. So it has to be installed manually to /usr/local/dooble/Lib (which is a missing directory.)

• Guess Who

Guess Who - 2013-04-15

Much thanks. Three project files were partially correct. The library should be installed now.

A very simple build and use process. Ready?
    1. qmake -o Makefile dooble.pro
    2. make
    3. export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./LibSpotOn
    4. ./Dooble

• maandree

maandree - 2013-04-15

Does Dooble depend on libjpeg or libjpeg-turbo?

• maandree

maandree - 2013-04-15

Here are all runtime dependencies that are not transversally included, I suggest listing them in a DEPENDENCIES file
    to help packagers for GNU/Linux-distributions:

bzip2 fontconfig gstreamer0.10-base libgpg-error libjpeg libsm libxrender mesa-libgl openssl qtwebkit udev xz

To my knowledge there are no additional build or optional dependencies, but I would be interested if there are any.

• maandree

maandree - 2013-04-15

The transversally included dependencies are:

glibc expat freetype2 pcre libffi glib2 libxml2 orc gstreamer0.10 zlib util-linux-ng
    libice libxcb libx11 libxfixes libxext libxdamage libdrm mesa libpng sqlite gcc-libs
    libxau libxdmcp libxxf86vm qt4

• maandree

maandree - 2013-04-15

Forgot libspoton.so: sqlite and libgcrypt→libgpg-error

• maandree

maandree - 2013-04-15

When I try to install Dooble to another directory than /usr/local/dooble, Dooble crashed.

The only workaround I have for this works only for shorter paths, and that is to edit dooble.sh
    and do, for example, sed -i s_'/usr/local/dooble/Lib\x00'_'/opt/dooble/Lib\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00'_g Dooble
    (for installing to /opt/dooble rather than /usr/local/dooble.)

• Guess Who

Guess Who - 2013-04-15

What do you have in /usr/local/dooble/Lib? The problem that you're experiencing is extraordinarily odd. Are you mixing Qt libraries?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks