Menu

How do I list a user's calendar entries?

2008-01-10
2013-06-03
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi, first of all I'm completely new to Lotus/Domino as well as Domingo so I'm finding it hard to get my bearings. The aim is: get my java app to talk to a domino server on another windows server and read/write a person's calendar entries. First of all: is this possible?

The good news is: I've got my java app to talk to a local Notes client and execute the database.getTitle() command, as a test.

To access a Domino server instead of a Notes client I understand I need to pass the server IP, username and password into the following method call (where no parameters were necessary to access the client instead):

DSession session = factory.getSession();

I can do that, but I've read in another forum message that CORBA also has to be configured. Does anyone have a checklist or quick guide of how to to do this?

Finally, how do I get the list of calendar entries from the database object? Any code snippets out there? (I could try it on the client while I continue trying to undserstand CORBA). The basic example says:

DView view = database.getView("($Users)");

so I've tried changing $Users to $Calendar, $Calendars, $CalendarEntries... but no joy. Are these default view names documented anywhere?

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Henry

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,

Have you found how to get the list of calendar entries from the database object?

Thanks in advance !!

Mike.