Menu

Need to run the agent remotely on the server

2007-11-08
2013-06-03
  • Nobody/Anonymous

We have a remote lotus domino server and we want to create a document with 25-40 items in it. We want to achieve this through our J2EE web application. I was able to connect to the server remotely via DIIOP and was successful in saving the new document.

There is one requirement within this. One of the items is to be generated automatically. FYI, the documents can be created both remotely (via J2EE web application) and through lotus notes directly. The forms to create documents through lotus notes already exists. This is achieved by a lotus notes script.

J2EE application wants to access the same script for auto generation of ctrlNumber (item name).

Is this possible through an agent? If yes what configuration do I need to make on server (domino) side and what is the significance of AgentContext here.

Is there any other way to achieve this?

Thanks,
    Satish

• Nobody/Anonymous

Sorry for the incorrect subject in the original post.

In short, I wanted to know different ways to generate an item's value on the server side whenever a document is created and subsequently assign this item to the document. The logic to generate this value already exists in the form of lotus script.

Thanks
      Satish

• Kurt Riede

Kurt Riede - 2007-11-09

Your J2EE application can start an agent on the server with DAgent.runOnServer() like this:

database.getAgent("my-agent").runOnServer()

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
        Kurt