Our application uses Dom4j 1.4 for Unmarshalling XMLs into Java objects. Until recently, we used Sun JVM for Java 1.4.2_06. But since we moved to JRockIt JVM R26-4.0 for Java 1.5.0_06, we are facing this problem with Dom4j 1.4.
We unmarshall the objects while booting the application and store them in memory (this is because, the objects are accessed very frequently). Initially, everything will be fine and all the unmarshalled Document objects will be behaving perfectly. But, some time later, while the application is still running, we start exepriencing problem with these Document objects, which are stored in memory. The selectNodes() method will return a list will NULLs. Which results in NullPointerException in the execution.
Please let me know a similar cases have occured before and upgrading to Dom4j 1.6.1 will solve this problem.
Log in to post a comment.