This is a major features release, and a major improvement over 0.7.
Perhaps the most important new feature is support for embedding
SVG/PS/EPS and several other vector image formats *as vectors*
in the PDF output.
You can get it via PyPI (package rst2pdf) or from Google Code:
Here are some of the features it provides:
* User-defined page layout. Multiple frames per page, multiple layouts per
* Cascading stylesheet mechanism, define only what you want changed
* Supports TTF font embedding using a custom stylesheet
* Any number of paragraph styles using the class directive
* Any number of character styles using text roles
* Custom page sizes and margins using a custom stylesheet.
* Syntax highlighter for many languages, using Pygments
* Supports embedding almost any kind of raster or vector images
* Supports hyphenation (using wordaxe)
* Full user's manual (PDF version)
Here's the changelog for this release:
New in 0.8
* Support for vector graphics: SVG, EPS, PS, CDR and others
* Support for stdin and stdout, so you can use rst2pdf
* Works with reportlab 2.2
* Simpler stylesheets (guess bulletFontName, leading,
bulletFontSize from other parameters)
* Some support for sphinx
* Fixed the docutils Writer interface
* Fix crash when an image is missing
* Support for config file
* Font sizes can be expressed in units or % of parent
* Larger font size in the default stylesheet
("\''/").__..-''"`-. . Roberto Alsina
`9_ 9 ) `-. ( ).`-._.`) KDE Developer (MFCH)
(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._`. " -.-' http://lateral.netmanagers.com.ar
_..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.' The 6,855th most popular site of Slovenia
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.' according to alexa.com (27/5/2007)
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are,
by definition, not smart enough to debug it. --Brian W. Kernighan
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.