Date: 2005-05-29 09:30:03 +0200 (Sun, 29 May 2005)
New Revision: 3407
removed uninteresting information at the start; some more polishment
--- trunk/docutils/README.txt 2005-05-29 07:24:54 UTC (rev 3406)
+++ trunk/docutils/README.txt 2005-05-29 07:30:03 UTC (rev 3407)
@@ -11,12 +11,6 @@
-Thank you for downloading the Python Docutils project archive. As
-this is a work in progress, please check the project website for
-updated working files (snapshots). This project should be considered
-highly experimental; APIs are subject to change at any time.
@@ -38,10 +32,8 @@
See `Releases & Snapshots`_ below for details.
3. Unpack the tarball in a temporary directory (**not** directly in
- Python's ``site-packages``) and install with the standard ::
+ Python's ``site-packages``) and run ``install.py``.
- python setup.py install
See Installation_ below for details.
4. Use a front-end tool from the "tools" subdirectory of the same
@@ -59,7 +51,8 @@
The purpose of the Docutils project is to create a set of tools for
processing plaintext documentation into useful formats, such as HTML,
-XML, and TeX. Support for the following sources has been implemented:
+XML, and LaTeX. Support for the following sources has been
* Standalone files.
@@ -68,8 +61,7 @@
Support for the following sources is planned:
* Inline documentation from Python modules and packages, extracted
- with namespace context. **This is the focus of the current
- development effort.**
+ with namespace context.
* Email (RFC-822 headers, quoted excerpts, signatures, MIME parts).