I had written a program to dump DOCSIS 1.0 configuration files and to re-compile them into the appropriate bin files. I had just added DOCSIS 1.1 support. The only thing I couldnt do is the !@#$% filters... (I hate BER encoding...) Congrats...
So, how can I contribute the changes to support DOCSIS 1.1? Your parser code is much cleaner than mine and would prefer to contribute to this one.
That would be great. I wanted to add DOCSIS 1.1 support but I don't have any DOCSIS 1.1 devices to test with. If you have access to such devices, by all means let's do it !
BTW, I got the BER encoding & stuff (which I hate as well) from ucd-snmp :)
I am testing DOCSIS 1.1 CMTS units and I have a few modems with early 1.1 code. So, yes, I can test the configuration files. I have already added in support for more TLVs, but am still working on cleaning it before sending you patches. (Mainly I have started with more TLVs from DOCSIS 1.0 and the preliminary support for the DOCSIS 1.1 TLVs. I start with the decode side. I am using the various DOCSIS 1.1 ATP configuration files to test the decodes against.
Log in to post a comment.