How to delete account in /Root level ?

Support
lolxlol0
2012-05-30
2013-03-22
  • lolxlol0

lolxlol0 - 2012-05-30

Hello,

At first i'd like to thank you for this great piece of software and for sharing it.

I am currently evaluating DocMGR 1.2.3 before deployment in a production environment.

Here is the problem i am facing :

- If i create a user "xxx", than i delete it, the "/Root Level/Users/xxx" folder is not deleted.
      When i try to delete it from the Admin account, the following message appears :
       "xxxx" Object is protected and cannot be deleted

How can i remove the /Root Level/xxx folder once the "xxx" account is deleted ?

Thanks for help.

• Andrea Taroni

Andrea Taroni - 2012-07-19

Hi, I'm not an expert but you're not the once. I heared of a similar case, when using firefox from a day to another it stops to well-use popups. Can you try with IE or chrome and let we know how it goes?
    Bye

• Andrea Taroni

Andrea Taroni - 2012-07-19

Excuse me I have posted my reply in the wrong topic. I am interested too but haven't a solution.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-07-20

Same. Any recommendations on how to remove the folder for a deleted user? (using 1.2.2)

Thanks, Neil

• Eric Lawman

Eric Lawman - 2012-07-20

Yes, but it's not pretty.  :).  If you know the id of the folder, you can run "UPDATE docmgr.dm_object SET protected='f' WHERE id='<object_id>'" on your database.  Then you will be able to delete it.

I've included a fix in 2.0 for this, and will most likely release a 1.2.5 with a similar fix.  When a user account is deleted, the folder protection bit is moved so the folder can be deleted if necessary.

Eric

• Andrea Taroni

Andrea Taroni - 2012-07-30

Can you upgrade the import user script to create and grant correct rights to user's folder?
    Actually, it only create users without their folders.