In the conversion from 4.5 to 5.0, I borked the spelling of the attributes on simplemsgentry. They should be simply "audience", "level", and "origin", not "msgaud", "msglevel", and "msgorig".
In December, http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200912/msg00024.html, we decided to fix this by adding the correct names now and removing the incorrect names in 6.0.
Attempting to implement this, I discovered that the situation is actually worse than that. We added a common effectivity attribute "audience" in 5.0 so now we have a conflict with the names. We didn't notice the conflict because it was obscured by the bug in 5.0.
I'm now thinking that perhaps the right answer is to document the bug and call it a feature 1/2 :-)
In DocBook V5.0, we added a global effectivity attribute "audience" so we can't fix this.
Life is hard. Resolution: do nothing, the names have been changed the the song remains.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.