#142 man: bugfix: itemizedlist in manpage output

output: manpages
closed
XSL (122)
5
2007-03-09
2007-02-14
No

Hi,

There is a bug (in version 1.72.0 of XSLT) when outputting an <itemizedlist> in manpage format.

To fix, I added a newline before outputting the final .RE in the <xsl:template match="itemizedlist/listitem"> of manpages/lists.xsl.

So the last few lines of that template looks like this:

...
<xsl:apply-templates/>
<xsl:text>&#10;</xsl:text> <!-- bugfix -->
<xsl:text>&#x2302;RE&#10;</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

I used the attached input file to confirm/fix the bug.

SCoTT. :)

Discussion

  • Scott Smedley

    Scott Smedley - 2007-02-14

    test.xml

     
    Attachments
  • Michael(tm) Smith

    • assigned_to: nobody --> xmldoc
    • summary: bugfix: itemizedlist in manpage output --> man: bugfix: itemizedlist in manpage output
     
  • Michael(tm) Smith

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=118135
    Originator: NO

    I think I may have already independently found and fixed this after the release. I'll check and see.

     
  • Scott Smedley

    Scott Smedley - 2007-02-18

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=370510
    Originator: YES

    Hi Michael,

    > I think I may have already independently found and fixed this after the
    > release.

    Thanks. Is there a recent snapshot that has these fixes?

    I looked at: http://docbook.sourceforge.net/snapshots/
    but the last docbook-xsl snapshot is dated 01-Feb-2007.

    Thanks,

    Scott. :)

     
  • Michael(tm) Smith

    test XML source doc with valid markup

     
    Attachments
  • Michael(tm) Smith

    • status: open --> pending
     
  • Michael(tm) Smith

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=118135
    Originator: NO

    Hi Scott,

    Sorry for the delay in replying.

    About the snapshot build: A change I checked in at the beginning of the month broke the snapshot build. I've since fixed it, but unfortunately, the actual snapshot upload to the SF site is not working because the SF shell server has not been accessible through scp/ssh access since Feb. 12. The SF site-status page says that it's scheduled to be accessible again by Feb. 21, but it is not yet.

    Now about this bug: The reason your test.xml file produces the output that it does is because it's not valid DocBook XML. You can't have plain text within a listitem. You must have a <para> or <simpara>:

    <listitem><para>foo</para></listitem>

    See the updated test file attached.

    If you have a DocBook XML instance that's valid and that still produces broken output in lists, please upload it and I'll test with it.
    File Added: listtest.xml

     
  • SourceForge Robot

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=1312539
    Originator: NO

    This Tracker item was closed automatically by the system. It was
    previously set to a Pending status, and the original submitter
    did not respond within 14 days (the time period specified by
    the administrator of this Tracker).

     
  • SourceForge Robot

    • status: pending --> closed
     

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:





No, thanks