DemoClient/dnsjnio never exits

Help
dgulino
2007-05-08
2012-09-14
  • dgulino

dgulino - 2007-05-08

I've run the DemoClient included with dnsjnio, and after it finishes, it just hangs there until I kill the process. Is there a more gracious way to stop a dnsjnio based program?

• dgulino

dgulino - 2007-05-11

I tried the DemoClient from the latest svn version of dnsjnio and it exits normally.

Thanks.

• alexd_nom

alexd_nom - 2007-05-09

How are you running the code?

When I run "ant demo" from the tip of subversion, the code runs, sends a load of queries, waits for the responses and then exits (on both Windows and Solaris).

Applications that I have written to use dnsjnio always terminate cleanly when the work is done.

HTH

Alex.

• dgulino

dgulino - 2007-05-10

I hadn't tried the ant target; it works fine

What doesn't work is this:
      cd dnsjnio-0.9.6\build\classes\ java -cp ..\lib\dnsjnio.jar;......\dnsjava-2.0.3\dnsjava-2.0.3.jar DemoClient

Also doesn't work with another app I wrote that I start from the command line. Same result with Sun JVM 1.4,1.5, and 1.6 on Windows and w/Sun JVM 1.5,1.6 on Linux.

I don't see anything special being done in the build.xml. What's the secret sauce?

• alexd_nom

alexd_nom - 2007-05-11

I can reproduce this problem in the 0.9.6 release. It has been fixed in the current tip of subversion. I hope to make a new release soon (after some more beta testing) - in the meantime, I hope it is possible for you to use the tip of trunk in subversion. Please let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks,

Alex.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks