jOAI release version 3.1.1.3

2012-11-20
2013-10-10
  • John Weatherley

John Weatherley - 2012-11-20

v3.1.1.3 (Released to SourceForge November 19, 2012)

-Fixed issue with nsdl_dc to oai_dc transform that resulted in non-valid records returned.
    Transform now properly handles the new LAR fields.

-Added lar to oai_dc transform (requires xslt 2.0)

-Added saxon XSLT processor with XSLT 2.0 support

-Changed the boilerplate localize XSLT to a different stylesheet that does not
    throw the warning "The child axis starting at an attribute node will never select anything"
    from the saxon XSLT processor

-Harvester now writes the XML schema instance namespace on the root element of each harvested file
    if it wasn't included by the data provider (e.g. xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance")

• John Relph

John Relph - 2013-10-10

I downloaded the latest jOAI package, and I'm trying to identify some of the libraries that are included in the package. One of the things I notice is that the Lucene libraries are version 3.0.2. Lucene 3.0.2 was released in 2010. Shouldn't you be using a more recent (and supported) version of Lucene? If there is a security issue in the 3.0.2 libraries, you are exposing your users to that issue. If there is a bug in those libraries, it won't get fixed.

Thanks.

• John Weatherley

John Weatherley - 2013-10-10

I agree that updates to core libraries like this are particularly important when there are know issues or new features that can add functional improvements.

I'm not aware of any security concerns with this version of Lucene per-se - a little research didn't turn anything up. jOAI has been tested fairly thoroughly with this version. Please pass along if there is a specific concern, however.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks