From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk@se...> - 2007-08-20 23:53:28
So there are now two patches available to pick off the relaxed
canonicalization and length limit bugs reported today. I mailed out one
to this list a short time ago and the other is attached to the (at
present) only open bug on SourceForge.
Would people prefer just to use those patches as they are now, or should I
roll a 2.1.2 release?
Should I wait until Tony has made some progress in gathering forensics
about the verification problem he's having?
It's been a week since I posted a new release, which in some sense means
the code is stale (we already have two patches) but it also appears to
have calmed some nerves. I'll let the majority decide this time.
From: Mark Martinec <Mark.Martinec@ij...> - 2007-08-21 00:10:51
> Would people prefer just to use those patches as they are now, or should I
> roll a 2.1.2 release?
> Should I wait until Tony has made some progress in gathering forensics
> about the verification problem he's having?
I'd prefer a 2.1.2 soon so that it can find its way into FreeBSD ports,
but I don't mind waiting few days until the other issue is resolved.