Menu

How to set RGB in Calibration Test

Anonymous
2013-11-27
2013-11-27
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-11-27

Hello Everybody,

I need some help cause it seems like I have a wrong understanding on how to set the RGB values.

I am using a spyder4pro to calibrate and profile my notebook. The problem is, when I start the calibration test and see the RGB values that are off the middle an want to change them in my graphics settings, so that they are all in the middle, they are reseted with each measurement. In detail: Whenever the dispcalGUI is measuring the RGB values again all my changes are thrown away and the RGB values are like they where before I changed anything. The sliders of my values (in system settings) are not reseted, they stay as I pulled them, but the screen is reseted and the RGB values of the calibration software are reseted to the original values.
    I already calibrated two monitors where I could change the RGB-Values directly on the monitor. that worked finde. But how do I calibrate a notebook LCD where I can change the RGB values on by software?

Thank you for any help on this.

• Florian Hoech

Florian Hoech - 2013-11-27

Hi,

I already calibrated two monitors where I could change the RGB-Values directly on the monitor. that worked finde. But how do I calibrate a notebook LCD where I can change the RGB values on by software?

Short answer, unfortunately you can't. The system software changes RGB balance by adjusting the videoLUT, the very thing dispcal will adjust during calibration. On notebooks and laptops you are therefore during interactive display adjustment limited to changing screen brightness.