SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

Calibrate Dell 2209wa for use with Resolve, NOT using graphics card.

ptaylor999
2014-02-28
2014-03-01
  • ptaylor999

ptaylor999 - 2014-02-28

I'm wondering if anyone out there (Florian???) can help me calibrate my Dell2209wa monitor for use with Davinci Resolve.

I have no problem creating a profile with DispcalGUI when the monitor is connected to my GTX580 graphics card, and it looks great. My problem is that I have purchased a Black Magic Intensity Pro PCI card that my monitor is now connected to. So, my monitor no is longer using the GTX580, or Windows, and so can no longer make use of an icc profile. Luckily, Resolve 10.1 can use a LUT instead.

So, my question is - How do I use DispcalGUI to create a 3D LUT for a monitor that is connected to an Intensity Pro card for use in Resolve 10? And, is this all I will need?

There must be other folks out there who have run into this issue before. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Last edit: ptaylor999 2014-02-28
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-03-01

It is indeed possible. A good guide needs to be put together as this question gets asked alot.

• Florian Hoech

Florian Hoech - 2014-03-01

I've added a wiki page which details a possible workflow:
    3D LUT creation workflow for Resolve

Last edit: Florian Hoech 2014-03-01
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-03-01

Florian, you are a talented and magnanimous individual. This looks like just what I need. I'll be testing this workflow out just as soon as I can. Thank you! Thank you!