I tested the untethered mode and was able to successfully profile a display. A couple of items of feed back:
- ideal format for the patches would be dpx. and the can be tiny. 100x100 would be fine. Maybe let us set the size?
- The auto process is surprisingly good, but goes off once in a while. I had to go back and catch it.
- Would be really helpful if we could review the reads before committing, so as to correct any misreads. I like the gui you've used, the expected and read patches are informative, but obviously do not take colorspace into consideration. However having say a scrollable window with the expected and resulting patches stacked would allow us to review all the reads and hopefully catch mistakes.
- Would also be helpful if there were two distinct audio tones, one for when a reading was being taken and the next for when a particular patch had been properly registered.
- Would it be possible to have dispcalgui automatically trigger a macro after a successful read? Picture a system with dispcalgui running in untethered mode in the background and a video io app in the foreground. When dispcalgui confirmed a read on a patch it could trigger a keyboard shortcut, or mouse click that would advance to the next patch.
-Would it be possible to have dispcalgui export a set number of repeated patches? Example, i'd like 240 frames of each actual patch, so that i could play them back at 24fps and have each patch last 10 seconds. Rather than having to manually create a sequence.