Menu

call to wxFileDialog

Help
2009-06-06
2013-04-16
  • Carl Lowenstein

Carl Lowenstein - 2009-06-06

Trying to compile Discwrapper 1.2.0a from source.  System is CentOS 5.3.
    Compiler is g++ (GCC) 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-44).

Get 9 compiler errors, all the same.  Grep tells me that there are a total of 10 calls to wxFileDialog, one of which is conditioned out.  So I have no correct calls to use as a pattern.

4 errors in DiscWrapperMain.cpp
    DiscWrapperMain.cpp:1332: error: no matching function for call to ‘wxFileDialog::wxFileDialog(DiscWrapperFrame* const, const wxChar*, wxString&, const wxChar*, const wxChar*, <anonymous enum>, const wxPoint&, const wxSize&)’
    Same error also in lines 1343, 1666, 2173

1 error in PreviewOutput.cpp
    PreviewOutput.cpp:505: error: no matching function for call to ‘wxFileDialog::wxFileDialog(DiscWrapperFrame* const, const wxChar*, wxString&, const wxChar*, wxString&, int, const wxPoint&, const wxSize&)’

4 errors in ProjectFileHandling.cpp
    ProjectFileHandling.cpp:322: error: no matching function for call to ‘wxFileDialog::wxFileDialog(DiscWrapperFrame* const, const wxChar*, wxString&, const wxChar*, const wxChar*, int, const wxPoint&, const wxSize&)’
    Same error also in lines 352, 394, 407

• Nandor

Nandor - 2009-06-07

I do not really know what could possibly go wrong.

I suppose you should check if dependencies are installed correctly, but I would need to have a basic idea of CentOS to be able to help. Like it is KDE or Gnome based, and packages included in repositories.

If you can update your compiler you may give it a try. I have 4.3.3.

You should ask your question on a general linux or CentOS forum. There many more people would see and probably answer you.

• Carl Lowenstein

Carl Lowenstein - 2009-06-10

CentOS is just like RedHat Enterprise Linux, without the RedHat label.
      It is Gnome based on my system.

For what it is worth, I installed Ubuntu 9.04 in a VirtualBox on the CentOS system.  Within this virtual computer I was able to compile DiscWrapper 1.20.a without any difficulty.  I will see what I can learn by reading through the output from Make.

I suspect some dependency on a Ubuntu feature.

• Carl Lowenstein

Carl Lowenstein - 2009-06-10

Solved, by comparing Make.log outputs.

I compiled wxWidgets from source, since it was not available any other way for my OS.  By mistake, I compiled the X11 version of wxWidgets rather than the GTK version.  Removing wxX11 and installing wxGTK, I can now compile DiscWrapper 1.2.0.a with only the usual 130 type-mismatch warnings and no fatal errors.