Menu

DiscWrapper closes only.

Help
Francisco
2012-04-22
2013-04-16
  • Francisco

Francisco - 2012-04-22

Hello, my problem is that once YaST, the openSUSE installation wizard, installed the wxWidgets library the program closes when I select a cover, not allowing editing. Before that I also installed LIGHTSCRIBE SYSTEM SOFTWARE, because I have understood the need.
    Thank you very much, greetings.

• Francisco

Francisco - 2012-04-23

I am sorry, I have already installed the program but now I don't know how it works. When I create the label to use it with LightScribe tecnology and I want to print, I don't know why I must use the printer. ¿Shouldn't I have to use the disc drive?
    Thank you, greetings.

• Nandor

Nandor - 2012-04-24

Hello,
    The lightscribe program launches when you press the print button while viewing the disc design. To say the least it should. However please remember that DiscWrapper has not been maintained in almost 3 years so this function could be broken.

You can manually lightscribe a disc by exporting the design into an image file, then opening that file from the lightscribe application.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

• Francisco

Francisco - 2012-04-24

Aaah!, ok, let me know nmatra… First of all thank you very much. So, DiscWrapper only allows to create the lightscribe image, but not printing it directly on the disc, isn't it? In other words, I need printing the image manually with, for example, LaCie or LightScribe Simple Labeler and not with DiscWrapper, because it does't works properly, true?
    Your work is very good, thanks.
    Greetings.

• Nandor

Nandor - 2012-04-25

You are right. DiscWrapper never did lightscribe itself since the supplied program (LaCie) could do it very well. There was no need to reimplement this functionality.

Regards,