Error print LightScribe Label

Help
jaguaro
2009-01-12
2013-04-16
  • jaguaro

jaguaro - 2009-01-12

Hi, When I print the label with LightScribe the lacie software say me:

can't open file '/home/alessioLightScribe.bmp' (error 13: Permission denied)

where "alessio" is my user

Sincery
    Alessio

• Nandor

Nandor - 2009-01-14

Hello,

Thanks for reporting that. It's a new bug... It will be fixed in the next release.

Regards,
      Nándor

• Nandor

Nandor - 2009-01-14

Fixed in 1.1.3

• Anatol Evdokimov

Hello. Once I create an image for printing on the CD, click the Print button, the program offers open LaCie - LightSribe Labeler for Linux. I agree, a window opens LaCie without an image. Should the exported image from DiscWrapper in LaCie, or need to create again? Why are prompted for a password Root?

• Nandor

Nandor - 2010-11-17

The lightscribe process should go as:
    DW exports an image BMP, opens it with LaCie waits for LaCie to exit then delete the image.
    LaCie not opening the image could be due to some changes they made which I am unaware of.
    I do not know if LaCie can be used without root permissions. Without sudo it could not access the optical drives. There may be some workarounds but I did not want it that badly to work better.

So, as DW is a discontinued project, you can do the following:
    export your design into an image format that LaCie accepts
    Run LaCie yourself, open the image…

Hope this little explanation helps you out
    All the best,

• Anatol Evdokimov

Hello. Thank you for your reply. Yes, it will have to export an image from the program and then open it with LaCie. Where can I view the log export images in the LaCie? It is a pity that the Projects are no longer growing. I picked up the settings for the printer Canon Pixma iP4300. I think it is necessary to reduce the outer circumference. I change the inner circle in Gimp with the help of a script CDlabel2.scm. Previously, I was typing on a CD in OOffice Draw in the Far East to do it better.

• Anatol Evdokimov

You can change the permissions on files /usr/4L/4L-cli and /usr/4L/4L-gui. Then there is no need to enter your administrator password. Export the image is normal, just because of the high resolution in the window of the program enters the central escalation, the empty part of the disk. Need to click "Fit image height to disc", that would fit the whole image. Thanks again for the program.