Menu

Good background sounds

Anonymous
2015-07-30
2015-09-27
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-07-30

Hi,

which method is best? which is the most effective?

binaural? fm? chronaural/pulse? phase?

• stan

stan - 2015-07-31

Persistent and regular listening. Binaurals have been around a long time, and there are very successful businesses built using them. So either there are a lot of deluded people, or they work. But they can only work if you listen to them. I've read testimonials from users who said they almost had to force themselves to listen, and they still got results.

I see the pulse and phase style beats as accompaniment. To lend emphasis, or variation. The only way to really know is to try them, to experiment. But don't give up if there aren't immediate results.

I think holosync gives out a free trial. That's binaural with rain masking. And you can find free tracks on the web of different styles to see what you like. Then, when you find something you like, duplicate it in discord. It won't be exact, because you don't have access to the beats and frequencies they used. But you might create something that's better for you.

Really, the only one who can answer your question is you. I find all of them effective, but I recommend you start with binaural. Listen for half an hour a day for at least a month. By the end of that time, your brain should have learned to entrain. Then you will be in a better position to decide which is most effective for you.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-08-01

Hi,

you it has plans to include Harmonic Box X on discord?

• stan

stan - 2015-08-01

I'm not sure what you mean by 'Harmonic Box X', but the answer is probably no.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-08-03

Harmonic Box X is a tone-based brainwave entrainment method, originally described by James Mann in his book, Awakening Mind. The method incorporates both monaural and binaural beats, in a harmonic formation, that makes it unique.

About Harmonic Box X has been said:
    “Box X is called “Harmonic” because of the arrangement of the tones. Two binaural beats are set up to stimulate the primary brainwave frequency, and the voices are arranged in a way that creates a “crossover” beat of double the primary frequency (double = harmonic). Finally, the tones in one ear are set up to beat at triple the primary frequency, and the other ear is set up with the primary frequency.“
    Box X is a method of combining 2 different voices (actually 4, thus the “box”) and entraining the brain using binaural and monaural beats. Harmonic (and half-harmonic) BoxX involves focusing on a specific frequency and multiples of it. Harmonic Box X is an incredibly effective way to entrain the brain. So far I’ve found that it is at least 10 times as effective. The deep meditation ones I made are very fast and effortless in execution. I might upload one to the files directory if anyone is interested.

• stan

stan - 2015-08-03

I found a description of it here: http://dailydeluge.com/2007/04/09/schumann-resonance-783hz-mp3-and-omniversal/
    at the bottom of the page.

There is nothing that would prevent you from implementing that in discord. I've used something similar, and called it a ladder. The hard part was finding the description. I'll cut and paste it here, so if the link goes away, it will still be available.

Box X is a method of combining 2 different voices (actually 4, thus
    the “box”) and entraining the brain using binaural AND monaural
    beats. Harmonic (and half-harmonic) BoxX involves focusing on a
    specific frequency and multiples of it. Harmonic Box X is an
    incredibly effective way to entrain the brain. So far I’ve found that
    it is at least 3 times as effective for me. The deep meditation ones
    I made are very fast and effortless in execution. I might upload one
    to the files directory if anyone is interested.

This is a quick way to make a harmonic box X (described by James Mann
    in Awakening Mind I) in bwgen.

For this demo:
    Take a desired binaural beat frequency of 15 (beat)
    Take an audible pitch of 500 (pitch)

Step 1) Add voice 1, assign pitch and beat as above
    Step 2) Add voice 2
    Step 3) For voice 2 pitch, multiply beat by 2 and subtract from
    pitch. So pitch – (beat * 2) or 500 – (15 * 2) = 470
    Step 4) For voice 2 beat, multiply the voice 1 beat (15) by -1, which
    would make it -15

And that’s it! You got yourself a harmonic box X

The pitches are now as follows:

V1: 507.5 | 492.5
    V2: 462.5 | 477.5

507.5 – 492.5 = 15
    462.5 – 477.5 = -15
    492.5 – 477.5 = 15 [monaural]
    507.5 – 477.5 = 30 [crossover freq]
    492.5 – 462.5 = 30 [crossover freq]
    507.5 – 462.5 = 45 [monaural]

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-09-26

"I've used something similar, and called it a ladder."

Ladder...
    How it works? How to use this on discord???

• stan

stan - 2015-09-27

Suppose you want to do an 8 Hz binaural beat ladder. Let's arbitrarily assign the left ear to have a higher frequency, and start at 100 Hz carrier. It will work just as well if had chosen to have the right ear higher.

The first entry then has left ear at 104 Hz and the right ear at 96 Hz, giving a binaural beat of 8 Hz.

Add 16 Hz to the carrier frequency (twice the beat frequency) and the second entry has left ear at 120 Hz and the right ear at 112 Hz. Note that the left ear of entry 1 now has an 8 Hz beat difference with the right ear of entry 2, 104 Hz and 112 Hz.

Keep adding entries that are 16 Hz higher carrier frequency. They will have this same characteristic.

Stop when you feel you have enough.

I call it a ladder because it is like climbing a ladder of frequency steps. There are many multiples of the 8 Hz beat frequency built into the structure, but the 8 Hz beat will dominate. So, over time, your brain will entrain principally at 8 Hz.

I doubt that I'm the first to think of, or use, this. It's a really obvious configuration to try.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel