Menu

Battle For Middle Earth (and shortly, BFME2)

games
2005-11-04
2013-03-11
  • Sebastian E. Barthelmess

First of all, awesome job with your work.  I'd love to see it merged into a dev branch of the wine fork, but oh well.  Could you tell me the exact WINE release version that this diff applies to?  I've tried a few with no luck. 

I'd love to get this title running, I could kiss Windows XP good bye for good!  Let me know the version to check out for WINE and if you have a newer diff available (this one is becoming dated now).  Thanks.

Regards,
    Sebastian

• oliver stieber

oliver stieber - 2005-11-06

Most of the work and a few more fixes have been merged with Wine so your best of using the latest Wine release or wine cvs.

• Mammlouk

Mammlouk - 2005-12-03

I've gotten it to successfully install with wine 0.9 and dcom98 installed, but haven't gotten it to actually run yet.  With current dx9wine from the WineCVS script I get errors on game.dat which I expected because that is where the CD check comes in.  Then Install a no-cd patch and when I run it I get nothing.  The command goes through like it's running, but then it doesn't do anything and I don't  even get a debug or anything...  I'm pretty new to wine so I'm not really sure what to do in order to get some kind of useful output about what's happening...

Any help is appreciated.