Displaying Video From A TV Capture Card With DirectShow.net- Simple Form

2013-01-08
2013-01-11
  • everyday diesel

everyday diesel - 2013-01-08

Hello,

I would like to learn how to show video from a tv capture card using directshow.net in the most
    simplistic form. I dont care about audio or anything fancy, I just want to be comfortable with the basics
    and move on from there.

All the examples I have tried on the net do not work. I am using DirectX 11 with a Hauppauge
    WinTV-HVR-1250 in visual studio 2010 (C#).

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

• snarfle

snarfle - 2013-01-08

Have you tried the CaptureTest sample from http://www.LimeGreenSocks.com/DShow? It isn't a "simple" example, but I have used it with a Hauppauge card before.

• everyday diesel

everyday diesel - 2013-01-11

I did get this to compile, but no matter what setting I choose, it gives me a green screen or a red screen.

Is that because I am receiving a digital signal and the program was written for a analog?

• Eric

Eric - 2013-01-09

What kind of signal do you receives (Analog NTSC or Digital ATSC) ?
    Because they are handled differently in DirectShow...

• everyday diesel

everyday diesel - 2013-01-11

I assume Digital ATSC since everything is digital now.

• Eric

Eric - 2013-01-11

OK, So the best sample for you is DTVViewer from the sample package.

It demonstrate how to use BDA but be warned that it only handle DVB-T and DVB-S so you must add the ATSC tunning part (should not be difficult once you have understand how things works).

Be also warned that since we never had the chance to have a tester with ATCS hardware,
        most ATSC tunning interfaces are untested so you must work with a complete build of the library (see the readme file).

Before coding anything, try to build a graph in GraphEdit (or GraphStudioNext). This is important to understand how the graph is built.

This link is a little outdated but the main concepts are describe: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd695314%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Last edit: Eric 2013-01-11
  • everyday diesel

everyday diesel - 2013-01-10

I assume Digital ATSC since everything is digital now.

Last edit: everyday diesel 2013-01-10
  • Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2013-01-11

If you want to see examples of digital tuning code pick up the source code for EPG Collector (here on SF).

It tunes DVB-S/T/C and ATSC. It's all in the module BDAGraph1.cs in the EPG Collector - DirectShow project. It's fairly involved but you should be able to see the steps and the tuning parameters you need to set for ATSC.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks