I decided to release a beta version this time (b19). dplayer underwent a lot of refactoring under the hood. Especially the multi-threaded file scanner and an event-driven architecture made a lot of changes necessary. I expect quite some bugs :( But still, I use dplayer every day for myself and it has proven to be stable enough. The background scanner allows me to access my extensive music collection on a NAS system via WLAN with acceptable responsiveness. I can choose a folder to play within a few seconds. While playback starts, the scanner continues to scan all the other folders.
New features in Summer release include:
* Shipped with native executable (Win only).
* Reload function within directory tree.
* Display cover image as background of track table, if image file is found.
* Start play-back with directory or file given as command line argument.
* Open dplayer with directory used in previous session.