SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

need info.abt Dirac video codec

Developers
2008-11-10
2013-06-04
  • Muhammad Hussnain

hi all

I want to use dirac video codec in a video conferancing system named openphone (softphone).

I want to embed the dirac video codec in it.

open phone is an open source soft phone that support diff. video
    codecs like H.261,H.263 etc.My task is to embed the dirac video
    codec in it.

plz, tell me is there any dirac video codec plugin

available? if yes than tell me how i can get it.

waiting for good rply

best regards

Hussnain
    research associate multimedia research lab
    lahore university of managment sciences lahore,pakistan

• Anuradha Suraparaju

Can you give us more info on the openphone project?  E.g. details like the project web-site, platforms it runs on, etc.  We don't have any ready made  plugins. We provide encoding and decoding libraries that developers can use to write plugins.

• Muhammad Hussnain

openphone is a sample application of open phone abstarction library (OPAL). it uses SIP (session initation protocol) sessions b/w two usrs for creating peer to peer communication and than RTP packets for audio/video data travel on it.It suppports H.261;H.263 video codecs.I want to embed the dirac video codec in it.OPAL is a cross plateform application it can run on Linux and windows but i am using windows xp only.I am using windows to build its sample application name OpenPhone.

attached link can provide u more details

www.voxgratia.org/docs/opal/Thesis_Taha.pdf

This link is very useful for understanding open phone which is the sample application of OPAL and i m wroking to embed dirac video codec in it.

plz, guide me more how u can provide me the encoding and decoding libraries for dirac and how i can write plugin by using them.

best regards

Hussnain
      research associate multimedia research lab
      lahore university of managment sciences lahore,pakistan

• Husnain Muhammad

I am using a Dirac Version 0.9.1. I was trying to encode a video ‘akiyo_qcif.yuv’ of QCIF size. When I try to encode the video by turning off the motion estimation and compensation module (i.e., setting the num_L1=0) then it encodes perfectly fine and decodes as well.

But when I try to encode the video ‘akiyo_qcif.yuv’ of QCIF size by turning on the motion estimation and compensation module (i.e., setting the encoding parameter num_L1=1 or num_L1=2) then Dirac halts. More specifically, I tried to code the video by writing the following command on a command prompt, but Dirac halted (i.e., was not able to code a video).

-SD576I50 -width 176 -height 144 -num_L1 0 -start 0 -stop 10 -fr 29.97 -cformat YUV422P -qf  7 akiyo_qcif.yuv akiyo_qcif_F100.drc

Kindly tell me the procedure of encoding a Dirac by setting the num_L1 option equal to 1 or 2.