problem during compilation

itzsuresh
2006-09-20
2013-05-01
  • itzsuresh

itzsuresh - 2006-09-20

I tried compiling the sources, but am having issues.
    I cannot find the jivesoftware's libraries. Where do i find them?
    Similarly, could not find the class com.dimdim.userworkspace.bean.ExtendedUserData. This is being used in the class IActiveContacts.

I could not find the xml pull parser library bundled. Do i need to fetch it from http://www.xmlpull.org/ ? Are there more libraries that i need before i can compile the sources?

• dimdim_sundar

dimdim_sundar - 2006-09-20

Hi Suresh,

I am not the right person to resolve these issues so I will try to get answers for your queries from Dimdim's dev team. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
      ~sundar

• Rohit Shankar (DimDim Inc.)

Suresh,

Did you used README.txt under "DimDimCodeBase\v1.0\Product\Build" to build the whole code base.?

Rohit

• itzsuresh

itzsuresh - 2006-09-20

Yes, I did read the readme.txt file. I am currently trying to build on linux, so obviously i expect everything apart from the BuildJavaComponent target to fail. I tried building only the java components from within my IDE, but failed for the reasons that i mentioned in the previous message. Maybe i am missing something?

• DD Ganguly

DD Ganguly - 2006-09-20

Hi Suresh,

We are going to release the Linux version within the next 7 days (probably sooner). Could you please wait for a few days and then compile on Linux?

Regards,
      ddg

• itzsuresh

itzsuresh - 2006-09-20

ok, i will check back after the linux version is released. Thanks.

• kor

kor - 2007-02-04

Did yiu build ok with Linux, if yes, would you pelase let me know how?
        Abe

• kor

kor - 2007-02-04

I downloaded the source from CVS. Now need to build it in my Linux box (Redhat Enterprise AS). The README.txt says the build process described in that only for Windows.

Anybody know how to build in Linux? Please inform.

Thanks
      Abe

• Rohit Shankar (DimDim Inc.)

Abe,

Thanks for using Dimdim. Currently we dont support building the source code on Linux however you can install the product on Linux and use it. We plan to support building the source code on Linux in our upcoming releases.

Thanks
        Rohit

• unknown

unknown - 2007-08-16

I have downloaded the latest code from cvs and i don't have streaming server adapter source thats why am not able to compile build.xml .
      error -> DimDimCodeBase\v2.0\WebApps\StreamingServerAdapter\src does not exist

Can anybody help me ??

• dimdim_dilip

dimdim_dilip - 2007-08-16

Hi jkhanna,

Sorry I missed some things while checking in. I have checked in the required file.
        build should run fine now.

regards

• unknown

unknown - 2007-08-22

Build is working fine now ... what is the use 2080dimdim.xpi and 2080.exe files

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks