Dimdim moodle integration

2007-08-07
2013-05-01
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Dear Rajesh,

I am trying to set up a mentoring/coaching system to assist new employees with programming problems, basically to mentor/coach them if they run into trouble. I have installed the dimdim moodle integration pack but I have a few questions:

1) Can I test dimdim without paying any money, can I for example test it locally on my machine or on another machine on my network to see if it can satisfy my needs?

2) Can the attendees contact the presenter to hold a meeting through dimdim if they need help e.g. they have a programming problem and want to hold a meeting with me?

Thank you Rajesh,

Sean

• Rajesh Dharmalingam

Hello Sean,

Thanks for your interest towards Dimdim-Moodle Integration pack and Dimdim.

1) Can I test dimdim without paying any money, can I for example test it locally on my machine or on another machine on my network to see if it can satisfy my needs?
         Yes you can test the integration pack locally and if you are facing with any issues, please don’t hesitate to mail me. 

2) Can the attendees contact the presenter to hold a meeting through dimdim if they need help e.g. they have a programming problem and want to hold a meeting with me?
         In the current release, only the presenter can start a meeting. Once the meeting has started, the presenter can provide the audio/video to the attendees. We are working on the multiple presenter scenarios which will be released soon. My colleague Sundar (Dimdim's Director of Business Development) will provide you more details about this.

Regards,
      -Rajesh

• dimdim_sundar

dimdim_sundar - 2007-08-07

Hello Sean,

Right now only the Presenter can start the meetings, Attendees can only join existing open meetings. In the multiple presenter scenario, the presenter can hand over control of the meeting to any other participant who can then become a presenter and show webcam, desktop, application or do any other presenter specific task. Does this fulfill your requirements?

Regards,
        ~sundar

• Rajesh Dharmalingam

Hello Sean,

Yes. You can run in your private network provided both the computers can communicate with each other or you can try starting and joining a meeting in the same machine. If you are having any problem, please do let me know.

Regards,
      -Rajesh
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Sean Cahill [mailto:Sean.Cahill@research.ittralee.ie]
      Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 7:39 PM
      To: Rajesh Dharmalingam
      Subject: RE: Dimdim moodle integration

Hi Rajesh,

Me again, I'm just wondering, this might sound stupid, but I have private wireless network here at home, a laptop (with moodle integrated dimdim) and a desktop pc, can I run dimdim from laptop and view it in action from an attendees point of view from my desktop,

Sorry to bother you again,

Sean

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks