Loss of backgound image when sharing desktop

2007-04-27
2013-05-01
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi there,

When dimdim is set to share the host desktop, then the host computer's desktop image is set to a plain background, and any image that has been previously set is not restored when the conference is ended.

Burbage

• dimdim_uday

dimdim_uday - 2007-04-28

Hello,
      Thank you for reporting this issue.
      The background image may not be restored in case the meeting is closed by closing the browser window.
      Does the desktop background image get overwritten even when the share is closed gracefully by using the stop sharing button?
      Please let me know.
      Regards,
      Uday

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi Uday,

No the background image is not restored, even when the share is closed gracefully. Another thing is that DimDim does not indicate the state of the share, it would be useful to display whether the desktop is currently being shared or not (this would also go for the applications that are shared).

Best regards,

Burbage.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi Uday,

Sorry another update to this. I was mistaken when I siad that the desktop image is not restored, I repeated the shared desktop-close gracefully, and the desktop is restored. It is only when I close the session by closing the window that the desktop image is lost.

Burbage.

• dimdim_uday

dimdim_uday - 2007-05-01

Burbage,
        Thanks for the clarification.
        Regards,
        Uday

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks