DimDim Alpha Layout

2007-04-22
2013-05-01
  • Alexandre Freire

Hello team,

I did not like the new layout of DimDim ALpha. It´s very strange when you have to open a powerpoint and show to users. If user is with "chat with all" window activated, only a half of slide screen appears and user needs to scroll right to see all the content. The slide is also in a small size.

When Popout option is selected, the slide remmains in a small size placed in a large blank area that is not used.

I would say I do prefer the layout we found on last version because presentation (PPT) was showed within a good space, size and layout.

My regards
    Alex

• DD Ganguly

DD Ganguly - 2007-04-23

Alex,

Thanks for sharing your thought. Our User Experience designer agrees with you. We will keep your comment in mind and
      make approproate changes as we move along.

Warm regards,
      ddg

• Alexandre Freire

Guys,

Since your are approaching to Beta release I would like to highlight the need to change the visual layout and design of Dimdim because I did really not like the one we´re using on Alpha version.

This message is to certify that you guys are keeping it in mind. I am ready to use this fantastic and amazing product but we really need a complete redesign to use something like the layout of the product we used to had before Alpha version.

My regards

• dimdim_uday

dimdim_uday - 2007-05-25

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your feedback.
      We have put a number of improvements keeping the usability in mind.
      Please let me know if you have any more specific suggestions around the layout.
      You can contact me at uday(at)dimdim.com

Regards,
      Uday

• Nobody/Anonymous

I would like to maximize the desktop sharing or presentation area

• dimdim_uday

dimdim_uday - 2007-05-28

Thank you for your feedback.
      There is a feature currently which allows you to popout the shared collaboration space to a new full screen window.
      You can achieve this by clicking on the "Popout" link below the "Chat With All" link.

Please let me know if this solves the problem.
      Regards,
      Uday
      uday(at)dimdim.com

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks