Server semms ok but nothing works ...

2008-04-15
2013-05-01
  • Davide Gavagnin

Davide Gavagnin - 2008-04-15

Hi all! great solution, but it doesn't work for me

Try to install on W2K Server, installation procedure runs ok, reboot server because dimdim services doesn't start by hand...

Now, only the DimDim Streamer service is not in "running" state.

I can connect to server, open meeting, configure it, receive attendants, but desktop share and application share, whiteboard, powerpoint share (pdf is the only thing that works), audio/video test doesn't work.

Desktop/application share say that can't connect to server, ppt share uploads the file and freezes in "conversion" state, a/v test keep the window "please wait, connecting to server" opened.

Presenter has Windows Vista Home Premium, browser is Firefox 2.0.0.13 or I.E. 7.

What's wrong?

• Brian Craig

Brian Craig - 2008-04-22

I am disappointed as well. This Open Source appl is suppose to be OpenSource! Its seems like Trialware. Nothing works for me either. It is limited very much so and the website says nothing about the its limitations. In fact, the website says the Open Source has the same features that the Enterprise DIMDIM has but for open for developers and techies to use. I haven't been able to get the share desktop to work and as well as you nothing worked for me either. It bombs and then takes a while for the web browser to come back to say "Start A meeting" yet I already had started a meeting. Also I didn't know that I would be limited to just 5 people! in a meeting. Again the website said nothing about what the Open Source was limited to. It said nothing. I found out by reading this forum. They really want you to buy the Enterprise or use theirs for a fee. They mention how they support Open Source. I didn't see any thing in the product that would be full with all the features that Open Source apps would have. Like Joomla and Dotnetnuke Open Sources apps I have used, though not a web conferences but you can do anything with those products as an Open Source application. Very Very Disappointed! I guess I am going to looking at other Web Conferenceing Open Source products. I can't do anthing if the Open Source can't even do what I want it to do for me. GoodLuck to all as well.......

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks