Menu

dimdimsetup is not a win32 valid program

2007-08-08
2013-05-01
  • Nobody/Anonymous

hello,

i would like test your dimdim software for my compagny. So I installed the dimdim server 1.6.0_Alpha(080307), on redhat ES 3. I configured this server according to your readme.
    i can acces to my tomcat server via IE_6 browser on windows 2000 SP4. So i launch a start meeting, i start the session and when the browser check do the "publisher availability", it ask me to install the web meeting installation. I click on the installation button and execute the 2085.exe program. But i have an error message, which says "2085.exe is not a win32 valid program".
    could you help me, please.

thanks very much

Jean-francois

• Bharat Varma

Bharat Varma - 2007-08-08

Hi,

Can you try to install Windows Installer 3.1 on your machine? You can get it at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482FC-5F56-4A38-B838-DE776FD4138C&displaylang=en

We are investigating this further. Do let us know if installing Windows Installer 3.1 solves your problem.

In the event that this doesn't work, could you try using Firefox while we get you a solution ?

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
      Bharat Varma

• Bharat Varma

Bharat Varma - 2007-08-08

Sorry, in case I wasn't clear.. Install Windows Installer 3.1 mentioned in the previous post and then try to use Dimdim.

Thank you

Bharat Varma

• Nobody/Anonymous

hi,

thank you for your reply.
      I downloaded the Windows Installer 3.1. it still doesn't work. So i used firefox 2.0. the publisher plugin installation works fine. But when the web meeting page ask me "waht would you like to do with web meeting today?", i have a windows error : " the memory can't be read" and close the browser.
      in the other hand, i test it on a windows XP workstation. And now all works fine. But, i have an other problem with the send invitation. I think, this a problem in my dimdim.propertie, about the smtp server configuration. i'll going to check this in this forum before to send a new post. :=)

So, can i says that dimdim presenter works only on a XP workstation?

• dimdim_uday

dimdim_uday - 2007-08-10

Hi,
      Another member of our community has reported the same problem. After installing Windows Installer, he had to reinstall IE6 SP1 to get the start meeting working. Can you please try out the same and let me know if it works?

The Dimdim Presenter works on Windows XP/2000 and Windows 2003. On Windows Vista only Desktop Sharing is supported.

I checked for diagnostics on Firefox browser crashes, the Mozilla KB recommends to upgrade to the latest version onf Firefox.
      Can you please upgrade to Firefox 2.0.0.6 and see if the problem persists?

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_crashes

Also there are some steps for running FF in safe mode without extensions and enabling only the dimdimPublisher.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_%28Firefox%29

Regards,
      Uday