dimdim Virtual appliance not working

• Pankaj Gupta

Pankaj Gupta - 2009-09-04

Hi Community,
    I downloaded dimdim virtual appliance ..and followed all steps given in Dimdim_SF_VMWare_Appliance_ReadMe_v4.5.txt file.

all steps went fine, but finally when I type "http://<ip>/dimdim on browser, it says:

Not Found
    The requested URL /dimdim was not found on this server.
    Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at Port 80

Are there other configurations to be done with apache settings?

• Yeshua Watson

Yeshua Watson - 2009-09-04

Can you access the admin console?

• Pankaj Gupta

Pankaj Gupta - 2009-09-07

No. I can access nothing.
      Are there some diagnostic steps to check whats going wrong?

I would appreciate help.

• Pankaj Gupta

Pankaj Gupta - 2009-09-07

Also...there is a piffle problem with the virtual appliance that its browser doesnt open.

• Yeshua Watson

Yeshua Watson - 2009-09-08

The browser problem is known and there is a solution to it on these forums.

In a shell prompt, try to stop and start DimDIm manually.

• Pankaj Gupta

Pankaj Gupta - 2009-09-08

There is no command like stopDimdim or startDimdim on the virtual appliance but I did executed StartDimdim.sh and StopDimdim.sh but to no avail.

I am running the virtual applicance on VMware workstation 6.5 on my windows XP host.

• Pankaj Gupta

Pankaj Gupta - 2009-09-08

I solved it.
      I unzipped the virtual appliance again, and upon starting, selected 'I moved it' option.

It worked great.

• Roberto de Nobrega

Hi Beckman.! I did what the TXT says, and selected the option you say.! (I move it) And I still can't get dimdim work. Can you help me.??? This is my msn, roberto_lusitano@hotmail.com. Add me to chat about this to help me, if you can.! Thanks.!

• Pankaj Gupta

Pankaj Gupta - 2009-09-14

have you configured Dimdim with the IP of machine and then restarted the Dimdim server?
    Have added you in msn.

• Kevin Josue Zambrano Chavez

Hi everyone!

I solved this problem using the &quot;Config-ipaddres.pl&quot; in this order:

1) Stop all Dimdim components

2) Set the IP address of my server

/usr/local/dimdim/Config-ipaddress.pl X.X.X.X 80

3) Start all Dimdim components

After that, i could get into dimdim with my browser.

• Fredrick C. Hagemeister

I have the exact same problem.  My dimdim appliance is getting a IP (consistent with my dhcp) and I can ping that IP.  However, the browser keeps coming back with that same message as beckman16 when I try to browse to .  I've tried to grep for that IP in the entire file space of the vm and can't find it.  I see nothing in the hsots file and other places I've tried (httpd conf) so why is it forwarding (?) to

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks