invalid portocal supplied to createClient...

LWSoftware
2007-02-16
2013-05-01
  • LWSoftware

LWSoftware - 2007-02-16

i installed DimDim on windows 2003 server, RC1 and i get this error each time i try to share the desktop "invalid portocal supplied to createClient..."  i installed the webserverto use port 8050 and opened the port on my router. 

also, this problem happens when i try to use two machines on the same LAN. Any suggestions?

• dimdim_uday

dimdim_uday - 2007-02-17

HI,
      Thank you for using Dimdim and posting this feedback.
      Can you please ensure that port 1935 for Flash (RTMP) traffic is allowed on your router?
      Thanks,
      Uday

• LWSoftware

LWSoftware - 2007-02-19

I opend that port and saw some traffic passing through it but that didn't solve the problem.  Also, why would a fireally be a problem when i'm working on my local network?

• Alfred_E_Neuman

Alfred_E_Neuman - 2007-02-20

I, too, receive this message.  In my environment, dimdim_150_Alpha_020207 is installed on a CentOS 3.8 box.  The desktop I'm trying to share is WinXP.

• ronmac

ronmac - 2007-03-30

I too am struggling with this problem.  The problem comes from the initial installation of DimDim when you enter the server IP address.  If you put a public IP address in the box, then you are going to have problems running DimDim from a computer on the LAN.  You will get this error when you try and share the desktop or start the camera.  The problem is from the inability of the firewall to handle a NAT translation from a request on the inside network, LAN.  This is called hairpinning on Cisco equipment.  There is supposed to be a way to have the firewall handle the request so that you can access the public IP address of the server from inside the network.  You can see this problem if you will reinstall DimDim and put the private address in the box instead of the public IP address.  Everything will work for the LAN computers, but then it will not work for the computers accessing the DimDim server from the outside.

• dimdim_uday

dimdim_uday - 2007-03-30

Hello,
        Thank you for using Dimdim and providing this update on NAT and firewall access.
        We believe it is possible to configure Dimdim to work properly on a NAT-ted environment. Can you please drop me an email at uday(at)didmim.com so I can help guide you through some steps.
        Regards,
        Uday