Video and audio.

Help
2007-08-16
2013-05-01
  • Mario N. Lema

Mario N. Lema - 2007-08-16

I want to say the DimDim Team that this is a great project. I found it very useful and interesting.
    I would like to receive some support from you in order that we installed the DimDim Video Conference in one of our lan servers, and it works ok when we share applications, or share desktops or upload presentations. However, we are unable to share video or audio. We will really appreciate your support in order to fix this issue and continue using your valuable software.
    Receive my best regards,
    Mario N. Lema

• Rajesh Dharmalingam

Hello Mario,

Thanks for using Dimdim. Could you please let us know the and let us know the output for the following:
      1. telnet to <dimdim_conference_server_ipaddress>:1935
      2. telnet to <dimdim_conference_server_ipaddress>:80
               e.g c:\telnet <dimdim_conference_server_ipaddress> 1935
                   c:\telnet <dimdim_conference_server_ipaddress> 80
      3. Is firewall enabled on the conference server machine. If so, please do forward the ports 1935 and 80.

Let us know if the problem is solved.

Regards,
      -Rajesh

• Mario N. Lema

Mario N. Lema - 2007-08-17

To whom it concern,

Thank you very much for you kindly response. Now the conference server is working fine. We really found it very useful.
        Do you have a language pack?. I ask this in order that within our organization we have a few english speakers. Do you have this software translate to spanish? Or a language pack to install?, if so, where can i download it?.
        Once more, thanks for your response. We appreciate the time you dedicate to support people that want to use your application.
        Regards,
        Mario N. Lema.

• Rajesh Dharmalingam

Hello Mario,

Thanks for the update. Could you please contact my colleague Sundar @ sundar@dimdim.com who can provide details about the language pack

Regards,
      -Rajesh
      rajesh@dimdim.com

• enrymco

enrymco - 2007-08-22

Hello Mario,

I have installed a dimdim server (under windows for the moment). But I have one problem :
      I can't see video but the audio run regulary.
      When go (in the pc when the meeting was started) I can see the DimDim audio broadcaster, if right click in this windows can view all device micropone and cam, but only sound when streaming.
      Is it possible  configure  to stream video ?

Thanks

Regards

• Mario N. Lema

Mario N. Lema - 2007-08-22

Hello enrymco,

Well, we installed DimDim in a windows 2003 server for testing purposes, and we found at a first time the same issue. However it was just a matter to setup correctly the flash support software. Once you start streaming video, you must enable flash. A small window appears in the video/audio screen in the left corner of your monitor, asking to enable video/audio. In that moment is when you have to enable video (and audio if so) and define the webcam you are going to use. Try it. If it doesn't work, try veryfing your webcam with another video software to discard a hardware or webcam setup issue.
        Regards,
        Mario

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks