Adobe Flash player

Help
ScottHyde
2007-05-16
2013-05-01
  • ScottHyde

ScottHyde - 2007-05-16

Hi there
    have just installed dimdim on SBS 2003 OS - and all looks good until start conference does a background check on required set up & support files.

I keep getting NO ADOBE PLAYER installed - its definitely installed - Ive re-installed it a few times and even used the Adobe uninstall to clean any registry issues and then re-installed.

Any ideas?...A setting in my web browser perhaps preventing use of the player??
    SBS has high security on the browser...

thanks very much for any help offered...looks like a VERY useful open source product

• DD Ganguly

DD Ganguly - 2007-05-16

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the kind words about Dimdim.

In order to isolate the problem - could you check if you are able to see YouTube videos? They requires Flash player as well.

Warm regards,
      ddg

• ScottHyde

ScottHyde - 2007-05-16

Hi
      yes I try to run youtube and no luck
      it states "you have the old version of Adobe - Which I dont - and you have scripting turned off" - which I dont...So I do think it is a security issue in my browser somwhere...

thanks

• DD Ganguly

DD Ganguly - 2007-05-16

Scott,

Now we have isolated the problem.

The following URL points to YouTube's Help Center. It's the help page for "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player."

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=57669

Could you please follow the steps on the page and post the results?

Warm regards,
        ddg

• ScottHyde

ScottHyde - 2007-05-18

OK - got through this step and have started Dim dim...NOw when having a conference and attmepting to share the desktop - the sidebar appears quickly and then disappears...I then get "connection failed  could not establish connection to the server" - this happens if I try to share apps as well

I CAN send an invite - the invitee does log on and looks ready for a conference but does not see any of my screen....

• Rachel

Rachel - 2007-05-27

Scott, I had the same problem and switched my dimdim.serverAddress= in dimdim.properties to the IP address rather than the domain name and it worked fine ...

Now I am trying to figure out why my audio/video quality is so horrible -- audio screeching and video grainy, but camera looks fine using other apps ....