Where is the Admin Portal???

Help
2007-10-05
2013-05-01
  • Brad Jensen

Brad Jensen - 2007-10-05

First off thanks to all of you for releasing what is looking to be one of the best conferencing platforms I have seen.  Job well done!

My question is this.  On the dimdim.com website when you go to Host a meeting it redirects you to a much different looking screen than the one I get when I go to my local dimdim server install.  On that screen (on the dimdim site) it pops a login box and also has a login section in the top right header.  According to what I can see in the documents this page with it's tabs and login is where you are allowed to schedule meetings, do admin tasks like changing the Welcome text and logo, etc.  Is this a portion of the product that is not in the Alpha release?  If so will it be in the Beta?  If I am just missing it is there a link or URL or some other piece I need to install/configure to get to this page?  When I go to my server all I get is the page with host meeting or join meeting and no tabs, etc.  I am running the latest Linux Alpha release from the Sourceforge DL site on CentOS 4.4 final fully patched.  My Java version is 1.5.0_11-b03.  Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Brad Jensen

• thor918

thor918 - 2007-10-05

the sourceforge version do not have an admin panel...
      http://dimdim.com/products/dimdim_editions.html

you can customize some small things in xml files
      C:\Program Files\Dimdim\Conference Server\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\dimdim\WEB-INF\classes\resources\dimdim.properties

the logo setting are in that file

• Rajesh Dharmalingam

Hello Brad Jensen,

Please have a look at http://dimdim.com/products/dimdim_editions.html where the details about the Dimdim product is listed. Hope this helps. Feel free to email me at rajesh@dimdim.com if you have any queries.

Regards,
      -Rajesh
      rajesh@dimdim.com

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks