Where can I download the src of 3.5 beta ?

falls
2008-08-11
2013-05-01
  • falls

falls - 2008-08-11

hello!

I can't find the source code of dimdim3.5 beta . how can I download it ?

Thanks!

Regards
    Falls Huang

• Humberto Gomes

Humberto Gomes - 2008-08-12

I have no idea when we will have didim3.5 source code available. I hope we'll have it soon. We have only 3.00 at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=176809&package_id=260168.

We are waiting!
      Humberto Gomes.

• falls

falls - 2008-08-12

It's seemed that I must turn to openmeetings instead of dimdim .

• soundstripe

soundstripe - 2008-08-20

yeah...this being an open-source, GPL app, it is certainly high time that the 3.5 beta (at least!) was released to the public.

• Steve Chazin

Steve Chazin - 2008-09-18

Since we also have a free hosted version that gets used by thousands of people every day we can get immediate feedback and make improvements as we go. Simply put, we're making daily improvements to the hosted code and that way we can release the improved source code and the VMWare appliance with all these fixes. We have tried to do this coincident with the hosted version and that resulted in a poorer open source product. It typically takes us 6-12 weeks to iron out the bugs and release the source code. We recently decided to jump directly to Dimdim 4.5, as we've add some significant new features and we WILL release the latest source code coincident with Dimdim 4.5 when we launch that product in the next 5 weeks and come out of beta permanently. After that time we will try to drop open source releases preceding the commercial releases so the community can help us with bug fixes, feature enhancements, plug-ins and extensions that can be made freely available to all.

• Joerg R. Weimar

Joerg R. Weimar - 2008-11-26

Great that you will release the source code. But the 5 weeks ended about 4 weeks ago. What happened? I would like to improve the whiteboard (wb.swf) for teaching purposes and would need the source for that.

• Kevin Micalizzi

Kevin Micalizzi - 2008-11-26

Joerg- sorry for any confusion.  We are gearing up for our 4.5 release next week, which should get the open source version caught up with the hosted product.

-k
        Kevin Micalizzi, Community Manager
        Dimdim Web Conferencing / www.dimdim.com
        e: kevin@dimdim.com / twitter: @meetdimdim

• Manish Verma

Manish Verma - 2008-11-26

Joerg,

DimDim whiteboard is a major issue for me as well (refer http://forums.dimdim.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447\). However, as I understand whiteboard is an outsourced component in DimDim and I am not sure if its code will be fully open.

Looks like DimDim was designed keeping meetings (corporate/sales etc.) in mind and needs modifications for virtual classroom usage.

Manish

• Kevin Micalizzi

Kevin Micalizzi - 2008-12-03

Joerg, Dimdim 4.5 released today with updated source code.

-k
        Kevin Micalizzi, Community Manager
        Dimdim Web Conferencing / www.dimdim.com
        e: kevin@dimdim.com / twitter: @meetdimdim