Can't download source with CVS

Help
Todd
2006-04-13
2013-03-24
  • Todd

Todd - 2006-04-13

When I try to use CVS to download the source tree I get back this error -

In C:\Documents and Settings\TCash\Desktop\Dile: "C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q" "checkout" "-P" "Dile"
    CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/dile

cvs.exe [checkout aborted]: Error reading from server cvs.sourceforge.net: 0: No such file or directory

Error, CVS operation failed

• Petrény Zsolt

Petrény Zsolt - 2006-04-13

Hello!

Unfortunately, you're right. I can't even login to the anonymous server...
      I'm afraid the reason is SourceForge's recent problems with the CVS service.
      According to the site status (http://sourceforge.net/docs/A04/):

"( 2006-04-06 13:04:54 - Project CVS Service )   As result of the 2006-03-30 CVS outage, and previous CVS outages, some CVS repositories do not exist on the anonymous/ViewCVS CVS hosts. This will result in proxy errors and other various unusual results when trying to access those hosts."

However the developer CVS access is working fine and that's why I haven't noticed this problem.

What I can offer you is that I can send the source code of DILE v0.2.2 if you give me your e-mail address (send it to dile.project@gmail.com, I promise I won't share it with anyone)...
      And I'll also check out how to migrate the source code to SVN. I prefer using SVN anyway...

Regards,
        Zsolt Petrény

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks