gruvn - 2005-03-18

Hi,

I just thought I'd register so I could throw in my $0.02.

I have now spent the better part of 3 days wrestling with installing the Provider application on our site. 

Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find anywhere to download something labelled as a "stable build" of the Provider application.  I see that under "files", there is a Provider_RC3 version of the provider, but I noticed that it's missing several important folders, namely the www and admin.  If somehow the RC_3 version doesn't need these, then probably some documentation is in order.

Since nothing is listed as stable, and I didn't think the RC_3 version was complete, I was forced to use the "nightly build", which doesn't seem to work with PHP 4.2.3, 4.3.1 or 5.  I have tried multiple versions to no avail. 

I know that GBIF offers a 1-click install package, but I am not interested in installing apache on my server, when everything else we have uses IIS.

I caught myself thinking that if I ever happened to get digir installed and working, that I would put a package together including a working combination of PHP and digir together on our site where people simply download something that works and avoid my frustration.  But isn't that what this site is supposed to do?

Could someone please tell me where I might get up to date versions of the provider files (including a note about which versions of PHP they are  supported by)?

At this point, given the last dates of updates, I'm wondering if the digir provider idea has just fallen by the wayside....

Either way, I'd love to know.

Thanks