Menu

Sort has been rearranged-how to get it back?

2009-02-09
2013-04-15
  • Matt Hilton

Matt Hilton - 2009-02-09

I have about 200 sketches.  They are each titled by date, i.e. "January 1, 2009" (although they may not have been created on that date, they were created sequentially).  Previously, my sketches were in the order of creation.  Now, inexplicably, they are sorted by Title (alphabetically).  I do not see an option to sort by creation, so I can't get my original order restored.

This is problematic in that all January's are grouped together (for years 2006 to present), instead of being in sequential order. 

Any suggestions?

• Lee Most

Lee Most - 2011-12-22

You wrote that almost 3 years ago, so this may not be relevant to you but it may help someone else with a similar problem.  There is an option to sort by alarm time, but giving sequential alarms to all your drawings may not be very useful.  I think the most certain way for you to sort them the way you want would be to rename all 200 of them using titles of the form year-month-date in numeric format, such as 2009-01-01, not forgetting the leading zeros in single digit months and dates.  That daunting task can be made much easier by using copy and paste for the initial renaming, and the date and time macros in the useful Shortcut5 application whenever you need to enter a new title.  For instance, if you set up a date time stamp macro and call it "dts" with the definition "@@y4-@@m2-@@d2 @@ts" then whenever you create a drawing, you can rename the title by pressing ".dts" and get both the current date and time as your title.