Menu

dialect ppc gui designer

Help
eyecreate
2006-05-17
2013-04-02
  • eyecreate

eyecreate - 2006-05-17

here is a gui designer(aka Tiny Guilect) I threw together to work on the pocket pc. I may update it later to include more things and make it more compatable, or may just release the source. I only have the ppc exe for now.

http://www.zenfulfillment.com/kevin/TinyGuilect.exe

• eyecreate

eyecreate - 2006-05-17

I forgot to say, It is written in Dialect! Yah for Dialect!

• A.H. Banen

A.H. Banen - 2006-05-17

Hi,
      Great news, so I have a request and a suggestion:
      Request: could you make the .dc (that comes to existance when you compile [make exe] you source) available for download? It should be possible to run platform independently.
      Suggestion: please rename the PPC version of TinyGuilect.exe to TinyGuilectPPC.exe to make clear it is for the PPC platform only.

B.t.w. what version/build of Dialect did you compile the PPC version with?

And oh yes, I would like to see the code!!!

André

• eyecreate

eyecreate - 2006-05-18

I compiled TinyGuilect with the latest ppc version from Tom Arn
      http://www.t-arn.com/software/Dialect_PPC2002_ARM.zip
      I will include the .dc file so that those on windows can use it, but I want to say that when I made it, I geared it towards the Pocket pc, so the screen size and a few other things would have to be hand coded back in.(or make another version of TinyGuilect for the PC with changes specific for it. Why would you though, when you got guilect on the PC?) I might wait a few days before realeasing the code, so I can clean it up some and add some more things that would make it more complete. I just hope some other people can help make Tiny Guilect better and closer to the desktop version.

Also, while I got your attention ahab, how hard would it be to add a "graphics engine" in the dialect?(for example, SDL) That is one thing I think will make Dialect all the better! I can't say I can do much C++,(I can barely cross compile OSS projects sometimes, argh dependencies!)but I am willing enough to help you on such a task so that dialect can grow.

• eyecreate

eyecreate - 2006-05-18

okay! got the .dc uploaded to my server.
      www.zenfulfillment.com/kevin/tinygui.dc

• A.H. Banen

A.H. Banen - 2006-05-18

Hi,
      Thanks for posting the .dc.  Unfortunately it crashes when I make any menu choice.

Is there any chance you could post the code or e-mail it to me (on my sourceforge mail) if you think it a bit to premature to post it?

André

• eyecreate

eyecreate - 2006-05-18

I reposted the .dc file. The original was made on my pocket pc and I don't know if that makes any difference.(shouldn't) I will email you the code too if you want to find your problem. It sounds like it is in the menu handler. It works on my windows computer, so I don't know why it won't work for you. Thanks for your interest!

www.zenfulfillment.com/kevin/tgui.dc

• eyecreate

eyecreate - 2006-05-18

I renamed the exe file to TinyGuilectPPC.exe so the original link won't work anymore. Too bad I can't edit my posts.

• eyecreate

eyecreate - 2006-07-21

TinyGuilect Has not died! I am working on improving it and even making it into an IDE. I hope to post something after I conquer a few more important things.

• eyecreate

eyecreate - 2006-07-24

Could anyone tell me a easy way to find out which directory on the Pocket Pc your program is in when people run it? It is possible in the .net CF, but this is dialect we are talking about.

• A.H. Banen

A.H. Banen - 2006-07-24

use print global to access the global frame.
      I.e. use print global.__environ__.path to see the directory Dialect resides in.
      See also:
      print global , cr, cr
      print global.__environ__ , cr, cr
      print global.__environ__.version, cr
      print global.__environ__.dataDir, cr
      print global.__environ__["cmdline$"], cr
      print global.__environ__["os$"], cr
      print global.__environ__.exe, cr
      print global.__environ__.os, cr
      print global.__environ__.path, cr
      print global.__environ__.cmdline, cr

• eyecreate

eyecreate - 2006-08-21

Just curious, but would people be willing to buy this(Tiny Guilect) if I sold this, after I completed it? (includes IDE with form designer, event scripter, property managment, make exe, syntax highlighting, and etc.)

• eyecreate

eyecreate - 2007-05-03

I have made many updates to this. I am not finished(width/height modification isn't back along with more items) but I want to know what is thought about how i went about this. There is, unlike before, only a windows .exe. Thanks, hope the dialect sommunity is still there.
      http://www.mediafire.com/?cimhofomgwv

• Paul O'Brien

Paul O'Brien - 2007-09-11

I would be very interested in this tool, however, the links in this thread no longer work.
        Can you re-post a functioning link.
        And, yes, if I ended up using this tool for a commercial project, I would be happy to pay a nominal license fee.

Zytex

• eyecreate

eyecreate - 2007-05-04

also, this was an error i got  trying to run my ide in itself:

http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/7466/errorld4.png

• eyecreate

eyecreate - 2007-11-27

Sorry about the expired link, here's another copy on my web server.
      http://eyecreate.dre.am/gui-windows2.exe