SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

Help Wanted post in SourceForge blog

Developers
2012-10-17
2013-04-22
  • Rodolfo Martinez

Hey guys,

I was brought here by the Help Wanted post in the blog. I would love to contribute as a developer for the upcoming features. However, other than that blog post, the project seems to be very quiet for a while… Anyone there???

• Natalia

Natalia - 2012-10-17

Hello, I also will be glad to contribute in this project.  5+ years of experience in java development (currently on matenity leave). How can I contact you for details if you're interested?

• Mauricio Gracia Gutierrez

Hello both of you

1)Feel free to follow the steps on http://dguitar.sourceforge.net/en/index.html and first get familiar with what the program does

2)Then take a look at the TODO.TXT that is part of the file that you downloaded on Step 1)

3)Take a look and get familiar with the folder SRC that contains the SourceCode

4)From the TODO.TXT tell me which TASKS appeal/are interesting for you to develop

• Rodolfo Martinez

Hey Mauricio,

I've been familiarising with DGuitar and so far so good. In terms of appealing tasks, I would say that perhaps the best way to know the internals would be tidying up the code and getting rid of warnings (unused, generics, etc).

I noticed that in the sources available in the zip file there are no sources for the common package, no jar file for junit, etc. Are you using a version control system? Any bug tracker?

Saludos,
    Rodolfo