Menu

Welcome to Open Discussion

2005-03-14
2013-03-08
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Welcome to Open Discussion

• Peter Bromberg

Peter Bromberg - 2005-03-27

Here is a rough translation to English of your introduction (with the help of google translation):

This site presents some examples of use of a small library for ASP.Net which I started to write when I learned that the next version of ASP.Net (v2) was not going to offer (almost) any help to develop sympas applications and interactive in Gmail.  (Large disappointment (sniff)!  because even if it is certain that Longhorn will bring a clean and modern environment to develop this type of application, it will nevertheless be necessary for us to continue with  IE6 (even IE7) for 2 to 3 more years!) 

Research Opinion! 

All the developers who find an interest in this library and who wish to help it progress are welcome!  (see the information on SourceForge)

Functionalities
      In practice, this suite offers server level access to the Document Object Model (DOM) of the page returned to the customer:  the server can add, remove elements, modify their attributes, attach events (onclick, onmouseover...) and these changes are automatically updated on the page returned to the user.  In the case of events, IE automatically notifies the server (always without postback) which can then make new modifications to the page.  DOM Elements cdurrently available are:  Do DomDocument DomWindow DomNode DomTextNode DomElement DomImage DomInputButton, DomInputTextBox, DomInputCheckBox, DomInputFile, DomInputHidden, DomInputImage, DomInputRadioButton, DomInputSubmit DomTextArea DomSelect, DomOption DomTable, DomTableSection, DomTableRow, DomTableCell

How does it work?  - At it's simplest level, the suite uses the  webservice.htc component, developed by Microsoft, which makes it possible to call a Web service in IE... without postback!  The idea then is to allow the client to issue a list of actions defined on the server:  the Server creates elements or modifies attributes of the DOM and all these modifications are sent in the shape of a list of orders to the customer who carries them out.  - to have access to the DOM, we use the same engine as that used by IE6:  the component COM "mshtml".  - From there, the remainder of the code is primarily to make the API easy to use...

• sooly

sooly - 2005-04-11

sorry for the late answer and thanks a lot for your translation. I'll update the web site this evening.

Rmi

• Rustam Kasad

Rustam Kasad - 2005-06-21

Hi Remi...

Nice work.  I am working with the samples you provided on your website (specifically the Mouse Movement demo), however, I can't get it to compile.  Is that code behind sample supposed to compile?  I can't figure out where the variable "source" is coming from in the cell_over and cell_out methods.

I have been looking at using callbacks in some projects, and your site is a real nice suite of examples.  Again, nice work.

thanks
      Rustam