Bugs item #795704, was opened at 2003-08-26 19:13
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by Item Submitter
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410643&aid=795704&group_id=34096
Category: Base System
Group: None
Status: Open
Resolution: None
Priority: 5
Submitted By: Heiko Zuerker (smiley73)
Assigned to: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Summary: save-config doesn't work with 16 MB
Initial Comment:
Bruce Smith wrote:
> I had a weird thing this morning while running
save-config, where it
> aborted in a very strange way (in VMware). To make a
long story short,
> after a lot of traces, manual "tar" commands, and
head beating, I
> figured out it was because my VMware was set to 16MB
of memory.
>
> This is a fresh boot with a blank floppy. It seems
like there is enough
> memory in 16MB to run tar, but when the "j" option
kicks in, bzip2 loads
> and aborts tar.
>
> I increased my memory in VMware to 32MB and
save-config runs fine there
> (except for the "diff" part which I don't care about).
>
> We might want NOT want to advertise DL will run in
16MB of memory, if
> people cannot save their configuration on that size
machine. The other
> option would be to use some busybox commands in
save-config instead of
> the standard ones ... (or not :)
Damned. Of course that was a function I didn't test.
It's worth a try to use just for this function the
busybox tar.
Can you take care of it? I have too many other things.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410643&aid=795704&group_id=34096
|