Bugs item #795700, was opened at 2003-08-26 18:59
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by smiley73
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410643&aid=795700&group_id=34096
Category: Base System
Group: None
>Status: Closed
>Resolution: Fixed
Priority: 5
Submitted By: Heiko Zuerker (smiley73)
>Assigned to: Heiko Zuerker (smiley73)
Summary: poweroff not working
Initial Comment:
reported by Dean Nedelman
o Shutdown is still not powering off the computer.
I'll take a look at this
later today to see if RedHat has anything special in
their shutdown
procedures to actually power off the machine. I am
pretty sure that this
machine used to power off when I used RedHat.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Comment By: Heiko Zuerker (smiley73)
Date: 2003-08-28 15:34
Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=112133
Dean Nedelman
o A check of the web indicated that I either need the "apm"
module to load
(and specify modprobe apm power_off=1 or placing apm
power_off=1 in
/etc/modules - though that doesn't seem to match our
configuration), or to
specify "apm=on apm=power_off" as part of the boot. (A
good web page on
that is:
http://www.togaware.com/linux/survivor/APM_Power.html )
----------------------------------------------------------------------
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410643&aid=795700&group_id=34096
|