Bugs item #534730, was opened at 2002-03-25 11:11
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410643&aid=534730&group_id=34096
Category: Package
Group: None
>Status: Closed
>Resolution: Fixed
Priority: 7
Submitted By: Heiko Zuerker (smiley73)
>Assigned to: Heiko Zuerker (smiley73)
Summary: snort does not start
Initial Comment:
Hi,
it could be a bug.
>> Mar 25 14:36:13 devil src@Devil snort: ERROR:
OpenPcap() FSM
>compilation
>> failed:
Probably there's a library missing or something
similar.
I'll try it out, as soon as I have time for that.
cu
Heiko
On 03/25/2002 09:38:00 AM "Marco Schierle" wrote:
>I thought the same and tested if a fresh config file
without changing
>anything works. But I got the same message.
>
>but thanx very much
>marco
>
>
>-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
>Von: dev...@li...
>[mailto:devil-linux-discuss-
ad...@li...]Im Auftrag von
>Friedrich Lobenstock
>Gesendet: Montag, 25. Marz 2002 15:29
>An: Devil Linux Discuss Mailing Liste
>Betreff: Re: [Devil-Linux-discuss] Is Snort missing
something
>
>
>On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 15:12, Marco Schierle wrote:
>
>> eth0: Setting promiscuous mode.
>> Mar 25 14:36:13 devil src@Devil device eth0 entered
promiscuous mode
>> Mar 25 14:36:13 devil src@Devil snort: ERROR:
OpenPcap() FSM
>compilation
>> failed:
>> Mar 25 14:36:13 devil src@Devil ^Iparse error
>> Mar 25 14:36:13 devil src@Devil snort: FATAL ERROR:
PCAP command:
>> /etc/snort/snort.conf
>> Mar 25 14:36:13 devil src@Devil device eth0 left
promiscuous mode
>
>
>I would guess that your config file is not correct
but "parse error"
>hints that.
>
>PS: I never used snort before :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410643&aid=534730&group_id=34096
|