|
From: <no...@so...> - 2001-11-22 20:09:37
|
Bugs item #484646, was opened at 2001-11-22 12:09 You can respond by visiting: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410643&aid=484646&group_id=34096 Category: Base System Group: None Status: Open Resolution: None Priority: 5 Submitted By: Heiko Zuerker (smiley73) Assigned to: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody) Summary: add "real" ping Initial Comment: to many missing parameters in BusyBox version ---------------------------------------------------------------------- You can respond by visiting: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410643&aid=484646&group_id=34096 |
|
From: <no...@so...> - 2001-11-23 05:28:09
|
Bugs item #484646, was opened at 2001-11-22 12:09 You can respond by visiting: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410643&aid=484646&group_id=34096 Category: Base System Group: None >Status: Closed >Resolution: Fixed Priority: 5 Submitted By: Heiko Zuerker (smiley73) >Assigned to: Heiko Zuerker (smiley73) >Summary: add "real" ping Initial Comment: to many missing parameters in BusyBox version ---------------------------------------------------------------------- You can respond by visiting: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410643&aid=484646&group_id=34096 |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2001-11-22 20:33:48
|
On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:09, no...@so... wrote: > Summary: add "real" ping > > Initial Comment: > to many missing parameters in BusyBox version As it seems as if in the end we'll eliminate BusyBox :) Despite it's use during startup, why do we need to use it anyways? We really don't have a limit in size. 650MB is quite much and if I remember correct we currently use about 50MB on CD. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2001-11-22 22:25:30
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:09, no...@so... wrote: > >>Summary: add "real" ping >> >>Initial Comment: >>to many missing parameters in BusyBox version >> > >As it seems as if in the end we'll eliminate BusyBox :) > I think so, too. Busybox is really a great program, but it is better for embedded Systems, like Linux on a PDA, and not for a Firewall on CD. I will start today or tomorrow and replace the Init System, because I wanted to do it anyway. This should be the only critical part. >Despite it's use during startup, why do we need to use it anyways? >We really don't have a limit in size. 650MB is quite much and if I >remember correct we currently use about 50MB on CD. > We have currently 30 MB. ;-) The problem is more the RAM, but RAM is cheap and let's say: minimum 64 MB for Devil-Linux. -- cu Heiko I am root, resistance is futile! http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2001-11-22 22:44:33
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > >Despite it's use during startup, why do we need to use it anyways? > >We really don't have a limit in size. 650MB is quite much and if I > >remember correct we currently use about 50MB on CD. > > We have currently 30 MB. ;-) > The problem is more the RAM, but RAM is cheap and let's say: > minimum 64 MB for Devil-Linux. I think we could just declare that this is our minimal RAM footprint. Some might not be so happy with that, but we want to provide a versatile system to make a lot more users happy. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2001-11-22 23:00:02
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >Heiko Zuerker wrote: > >>>Despite it's use during startup, why do we need to use it anyways? >>>We really don't have a limit in size. 650MB is quite much and if I >>>remember correct we currently use about 50MB on CD. >>> >>We have currently 30 MB. ;-) >>The problem is more the RAM, but RAM is cheap and let's say: >>minimum 64 MB for Devil-Linux. >> > >I think we could just declare that this is our minimal RAM footprint. >Some might not be so happy with that, but we want to provide a >versatile system to make a lot more users happy. > Yes, exactly. I have some good plans with DL, for example I want to replace as many Servers as possible in my company with a DL box. This means, that the use of DL is going much further than an ordinary firewall/router, but still an easy system which is good and fast to maintain. But this is getting a bit off topic. ;-) -- cu Heiko I am root, resistance is futile! http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2001-11-22 23:23:22
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > Yes, exactly. > I have some good plans with DL, for example I want to replace as many > Servers as possible in my company with a DL box. > This means, that the use of DL is going much further than an ordinary > firewall/router, but still an easy system which is good and fast to > maintain. > But this is getting a bit off topic. ;-) Hmmm...just half an hour ago, I suggested to a friend that we could subvert DL to be a samba fileserver. There seems to be no limit - not in ones mind. And to kick NT out, I would do everything ;-) But as you already said, we are getting a bit off topic. *devilish smile* -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2001-11-22 23:30:33
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >Hmmm...just half an hour ago, I suggested to a friend that we could >subvert DL to be a samba fileserver. There seems to be no limit - not >in ones mind. > Yes samba is on the needed list. Oh, feature request.... > >And to kick NT out, I would do everything ;-) > hehe >But as you already said, we are getting a bit off topic. >*devilish smile* > Yes, but this way the ideas come into our heads. -- cu Heiko I am root, resistance is futile! http://www.devil-linux.org |