|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2011-11-02 14:05:16
|
All, I spend a lot of time over the last couple of weeks on updating DL. Some of the changes are: - kernel 3.0 - glibc 2.12.2 - gcc 4.4.5 - x86_64 (as in 64 bit DL) !!! Since there are so many changes, I decided that this is worth a completely new version! DL 1.6 is now officially in the works. In order to compile the new version, you also need a new lfssystem. There are now 2 version, 32 and 64 bit. If you use the wrong or an outdated version, the build system will stop at the prepare phase and complain about it. Get the latest lfssystem from here: ftp://ftp.devil-linux.org/pub/devel/sources/lfssystem-for-DL-1.6/ All the changes have been checked into CVS and the sources are up on the FTP server. Please help test the new version and get the bugs out. I will be uploading new test versions onto the FTP server in the next couple of days. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Dominic R. <dl...@ed...> - 2011-11-02 16:33:38
|
On 02/11/2011 14:05, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > All, > > I spend a lot of time over the last couple of weeks on updating DL. > Some of the changes are: > - kernel 3.0 > - glibc 2.12.2 > - gcc 4.4.5 > - x86_64 (as in 64 bit DL) !!! > > Since there are so many changes, I decided that this is worth a > completely new version! DL 1.6 is now officially in the works. > > In order to compile the new version, you also need a new lfssystem. > There are now 2 version, 32 and 64 bit. If you use the wrong or an > outdated version, the build system will stop at the prepare phase and > complain about it. > > Get the latest lfssystem from here: > ftp://ftp.devil-linux.org/pub/devel/sources/lfssystem-for-DL-1.6/ > > All the changes have been checked into CVS and the sources are up on > the FTP server. > Please help test the new version and get the bugs out. > > I will be uploading new test versions onto the FTP server in the next > couple of days. > Sounds great, thanks Heiko! I am successfully using latest test built version 1.4.3-2011-10-12-i686-server, I look forward to trying out 64-bit DL 1.6 server when it is available at ftp://ftp.devil-linux.org/ My only ongoing issues are that /mnt is read-only and that samba has to be run with the 'wide links = yes' fix (both logged in Mantis, though Mantis seems to be down at the moment). I hope DL 1.6 can fix these. Oh, and I would prefer that the boot screen default was option 1 not 3 (and not 0) - big screen is a pain for me. Dominic |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2011-11-02 17:12:49
|
Quoting Dominic Raferd <dl...@ed...>: > On 02/11/2011 14:05, Heiko Zuerker wrote: [....] >> I will be uploading new test versions onto the FTP server in the next >> couple of days. >> > > Sounds great, thanks Heiko! I am successfully using latest test built > version 1.4.3-2011-10-12-i686-server, I look forward to trying out > 64-bit DL 1.6 server when it is available at ftp://ftp.devil-linux.org/ > > My only ongoing issues are that /mnt is read-only and that samba has to > be run with the 'wide links = yes' fix (both logged in Mantis, though > Mantis seems to be down at the moment). I hope DL 1.6 can fix these. Yeah the wide links annoy me too. It seems samba 3.6 doesn't resolve the issue either. I really don't know what to do about it. > Oh, and I would prefer that the boot screen default was option 1 not 3 > (and not 0) - big screen is a pain for me. Hmmm, it should be 0. If it's 3, then it was probably a test build I did by hand. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Andrzej O. <an...@ma...> - 2011-11-02 16:59:40
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote: > In order to compile the new version, you also need a new lfssystem. > There are now 2 version, 32 and 64 bit. If you use the wrong or an > outdated version, the build system will stop at the prepare phase and > complain about it. Congratulations! For build 64-bit version... there is 64-bit host system needed or this will be cross compilation? Regards Andrzej Odyniec |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2011-11-02 17:17:54
|
Quoting Andrzej Odyniec <an...@ma...>: > Heiko Zuerker wrote: > >> In order to compile the new version, you also need a new lfssystem. >> There are now 2 version, 32 and 64 bit. If you use the wrong or an >> outdated version, the build system will stop at the prepare phase and >> complain about it. > > Congratulations! > > For build 64-bit version... there is 64-bit host system needed or > this will be > cross compilation? You'll need a 64 bit host, together with the 64 bit lfssystem. I was playing with the cross compile stuff (using buildroot), but it is a lot of work to transfer everything over. Since we're now able to compile the 64 bit with our existing build env, I'll probably stop the work on buildroot... -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Andrzej O. <an...@ma...> - 2011-11-02 20:24:13
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote: > I was playing with the cross compile stuff (using buildroot), but it > is a lot of work to transfer everything over. > Since we're now able to compile the 64 bit with our existing build > env, I'll probably stop the work on buildroot... Heiko, Now it is not a problem to have several machines 32 - and 64-bit on the one real. I think the battle for the port to buildroot is not worth the potential gain, the more that the current building mechanism works perfectly. I asked a question to know if I'll have to install 64-bit Debian to build the first 64-bit DL to build next. I like to build the D-L in-built D-L. Great job. Regards -- Andrzej Odyniec |
|
From: Andrzej O. <an...@ma...> - 2011-11-03 22:25:43
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote:
> All the changes have been checked into CVS and the sources are up on
> the FTP server.
CVS repository should be the same? If yes, then 32-bit build process stops on
webmin. Two source files: /build/src/webmin-modules/dgwebmin-0.7.1.wbm.bz2 and
/build/src/webmin-modules/iscsitarget-0.9.5.wbm.bz2 are not adequate to
building script. Are only simple bzip2-ed but script try untaring. Will continue.
Rgrds
--
Andrzej Odyniec
<an...@ma...>
Rada Nadzorcza Macrologic SA
ul. Kłopotowskiego 22, 03-717 Warszawa
tel. +48-222566332, kom. +48-601276572
Skype: andrzej.odyniec
Rejestr: Sąd Rejonowy dla m.st. Warszawy,
XIII Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego
Rejestru Sądowego, numer 0000045462
Numer identyfikacji podatkowej: PL 5220002825
Kapitał zakładowy: 1888719 zł opłacony w całości
|
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2011-11-04 13:54:30
|
Quoting Andrzej Odyniec <an...@ma...>: > Heiko Zuerker wrote: >> All the changes have been checked into CVS and the sources are up on >> the FTP server. > > CVS repository should be the same? If yes, then 32-bit build process stops on > webmin. Two source files: > /build/src/webmin-modules/dgwebmin-0.7.1.wbm.bz2 and > /build/src/webmin-modules/iscsitarget-0.9.5.wbm.bz2 are not adequate to > building script. Are only simple bzip2-ed but script try untaring. > Will continue. I must have accidentally checked those files back in... I removed them from the ftp server. Some day we'll add support for adding non-tar versions of wbm files. ;-) -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Andrzej O. <an...@ma...> - 2011-11-08 18:19:15
|
I wrote: > Will continue. So... 64-bit compilation stops on SER. Seems this Makefile settings transfers CPU to mtune. Settings CPU=generic before make'ing solves problem with compilation. Regards -- Andrzej Odyniec |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2011-11-09 14:09:07
|
Quoting Andrzej Odyniec <an...@ma...>: > I wrote: >> Will continue. > > So... > > 64-bit compilation stops on SER. Seems this Makefile settings > transfers CPU to > mtune. Settings CPU=generic before make'ing solves problem with compilation. Thanks, I added the fix to CVS. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2011-11-09 23:07:59
|
All, I just uploaded a bunch of test builds, let me know if you find any problems. Not sure if I mentioned it before, but a lot of credit for the x86_64 bit goes to Serge. ftp://ftp.devil-linux.org/pub/devel/testing/ -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Andrzej O. <an...@ma...> - 2011-11-10 19:20:03
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote: > Quoting Andrzej Odyniec <an...@ma...>: >>64-bit compilation stops on SER. Seems this Makefile settings >>transfers CPU to >>mtune. Settings CPU=generic before make'ing solves problem with compilation. > > Thanks, I added the fix to CVS. In install step of SER compiler is called too, so if i.e. above settings is not present, build stops in install phase again. First impressions: Under 64-bit D-L Midnight Commander don't shows different colors for files with different attributes, as he does under 32-bit D-L and under 64-bit Debian. mkfs.ext under 64-bit D-L is broken. Gives message: mkfs.ext2: symbol lookup error: mkfs.ext2: undefined symbol: ext2fs_get_device_phys_sectsize Big thanks, Siergiej Regards -- Andrzej Odyniec |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2011-11-11 19:55:37
|
Quoting Andrzej Odyniec <an...@ma...>: > Heiko Zuerker wrote: >> Quoting Andrzej Odyniec <an...@ma...>: >>> 64-bit compilation stops on SER. Seems this Makefile settings >>> transfers CPU to >>> mtune. Settings CPU=generic before make'ing solves problem with >>> compilation. >> >> Thanks, I added the fix to CVS. > > In install step of SER compiler is called too, so if i.e. above settings is > not present, build stops in install phase again. Fix is in CVS already. > First impressions: > > Under 64-bit D-L Midnight Commander don't shows different colors for files > with different attributes, as he does under 32-bit D-L and under > 64-bit Debian. No clue why this is the case. Any ideas anyone? > mkfs.ext under 64-bit D-L is broken. Gives message: mkfs.ext2: symbol lookup > error: mkfs.ext2: undefined symbol: ext2fs_get_device_phys_sectsize This should be fixed in CVS now, but I didn't get a chance to test it. Feedback is more than welcome. ;-) -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2011-11-12 16:29:10
|
> > mkfs.ext under 64-bit D-L is broken. Gives message: mkfs.ext2: symbol > > lookup > > error: mkfs.ext2: undefined symbol: ext2fs_get_device_phys_sectsize > > This should be fixed in CVS now, but I didn't get a chance to test it. > Feedback is more than welcome. ;-) I fixed it for real this time. Heiko |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2011-11-16 21:45:22
|
Quoting Heiko Zuerker <he...@zu...>: > Quoting Andrzej Odyniec <an...@ma...>: > >> Heiko Zuerker wrote: >>> Quoting Andrzej Odyniec <an...@ma...>: >> Under 64-bit D-L Midnight Commander don't shows different colors for files >> with different attributes, as he does under 32-bit D-L and under >> 64-bit Debian. > > No clue why this is the case. Any ideas anyone? I can't find the root cause of this issue. I even created a new version which was using slang instead of ncurses, it's always the same issue. So I wonder if it has something to do with mc itself.... -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Andrzej O. <an...@ma...> - 2011-11-18 14:31:43
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote: > Quoting Heiko Zuerker <he...@zu...>: >>Quoting Andrzej Odyniec <an...@ma...>: >>>Heiko Zuerker wrote: >>>>Quoting Andrzej Odyniec <an...@ma...>: >>>Under 64-bit D-L Midnight Commander don't shows different colors for files >>>with different attributes, as he does under 32-bit D-L and under >>>64-bit Debian. >>No clue why this is the case. Any ideas anyone? > I can't find the root cause of this issue. I even created a new > version which was using slang instead of ncurses, it's always the same > issue. > So I wonder if it has something to do with mc itself.... In Debian (even unstable) they used the patched sources 4.7.0.9. We compile the 4.7.5.5 from midnight-commander.org. They're there already have version 4.8. Maybe the problem arose with new versions or is old, but corrected by Debian maintainers patches, or finally, results from the compilation options. At the earliest opportunity, I will try different variants. Regards -- Andrzej Odyniec <an...@ma...> Rada Nadzorcza Macrologic SA ul. Kłopotowskiego 22, 03-717 Warszawa tel. +48-222566332, kom. +48-601276572 Skype: andrzej.odyniec Rejestr: Sąd Rejonowy dla m.st. Warszawy, XIII Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sądowego, numer 0000045462 Numer identyfikacji podatkowej: PL 5220002825 Kapitał zakładowy: 1888719 zł opłacony w całości |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2011-11-24 15:02:32
|
MC is fixed in CVS. The new version needs a directory /etc/mc.... -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org > -----Original Message----- > From: Andrzej Odyniec [mailto:an...@ma...] > Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 8:31 AM > To: dev...@li... > Subject: Re: [Devil-linux-develop] major changes to DL > > Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > Quoting Heiko Zuerker <he...@zu...>: > >>Quoting Andrzej Odyniec <an...@ma...>: > >>>Heiko Zuerker wrote: > >>>>Quoting Andrzej Odyniec <an...@ma...>: > >>>Under 64-bit D-L Midnight Commander don't shows different colors for > >>>files with different attributes, as he does under 32-bit D-L and > >>>under 64-bit Debian. > >>No clue why this is the case. Any ideas anyone? > > I can't find the root cause of this issue. I even created a new > > version which was using slang instead of ncurses, it's always the same > > issue. > > So I wonder if it has something to do with mc itself.... > In Debian (even unstable) they used the patched sources 4.7.0.9. We > compile the 4.7.5.5 from midnight-commander.org. They're there already > have version 4.8. Maybe the problem arose with new versions or is old, but > corrected by Debian maintainers patches, or finally, results from the > compilation options. > At the earliest opportunity, I will try different variants. > > Regards > > -- > Andrzej Odyniec > > <an...@ma...> > Rada Nadzorcza Macrologic SA > ul. Kłopotowskiego 22, 03-717 Warszawa > tel. +48-222566332, kom. +48-601276572 > Skype: andrzej.odyniec > Rejestr: Sąd Rejonowy dla m.st. Warszawy, > XIII Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego > Rejestru Sądowego, numer 0000045462 Numer identyfikacji > podatkowej: PL 5220002825 Kapitał zakładowy: 1888719 zł opłacony w całości > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ > All the data continuously generated in your IT infrastructure contains a > definitive record of customers, application performance, security threats, > fraudulent activity, and more. Splunk takes this data and makes sense of it. IT > sense. And common sense. > http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-novd2d > _______________________________________________ > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > Dev...@li... > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop |