|
From: Andrzej O. <an...@ma...> - 2011-08-18 01:38:06
|
Dears, Build stops in memcached. Exactly IOV_MAX in not defined. Probably this definition was moved from limits.h to bits/stdio_lim.h but in memcached.c is limits.h included Change of header file name in #include solved problem There are waits for new kernel symbols (two or three) in prepare too. Tested especially on fresh build environment. My base system is as usually last myself built DL (w/o grsec etc). Regards Andrzej Odyniec |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2011-08-22 22:51:51
|
Hi, Sorry for the late response, I was out on vacation. Are you using the default configuration? I kicked off a fresh compile, to see if I can reproduce the issue. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org > -----Original Message----- > From: Andrzej Odyniec [mailto:an...@ma...] > Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:38 PM > To: dev...@li... > Subject: [Devil-linux-develop] DL memcached compiling problem > > Dears, > > Build stops in memcached. > > Exactly IOV_MAX in not defined. Probably this definition was moved from > limits.h to bits/stdio_lim.h but in memcached.c is limits.h included > > Change of header file name in #include solved problem > > There are waits for new kernel symbols (two or three) in prepare too. > > Tested especially on fresh build environment. > My base system is as usually last myself built DL (w/o grsec etc). > > Regards > > Andrzej Odyniec > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- > Get a FREE DOWNLOAD! and learn more about uberSVN rich system, user > administration capabilities and model configuration. Take the hassle out of > deploying and managing Subversion and the tools developers use with it. > http://p.sf.net/sfu/wandisco-d2d-2 > _______________________________________________ > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > Dev...@li... > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop |
|
From: Andrzej O. <an...@ma...> - 2011-08-23 00:29:51
|
Hi Heiko, > Are you using the default configuration? Yes. After encountering problem I always try with fresh environment and default configuration without mods. The only, I not tried, is downloading all sources again. I get sources from my side copy and after I'm doing ./update_src, but I tried with separately downloaded memcached again. And side copies of sources are used two on two separate machines. > I kicked off a fresh compile, to see if I can reproduce the issue. I reproduced issue every time and on two separate machines. This memcached version assume IOV_MAX as 1024 only if system has defined __FreeBSD__ or __APPLE__, else IOV_MAX should be defined. But it seems that the symbol IOV_MAX in relation to the version of June/July has been stolen from place, where memcached searched it or some tricky defs are inactive now. Maybe this is because one of upgraded packages? So I borrowed definition from /usr/include/bits/stdio_lim.h where it is present. Sorry that I did not comparation analysis betwen versions from June/July and current, but I'm on vacation and from my village I have very slow Internet access - I'm controlling compiling machines via SSH only. Best regards Andrzej Odyniec |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2011-08-24 13:06:17
|
Hi, I can reproduce the memcached compile problem. I'm currently working on updating all the software versions and the new memcached seems to compile fine. It'll be a few days until I'm done with this, then I'll upload the new sources. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2011-08-26 13:16:22
|
I uploaded the latest memcached version and a couple of other changes to the FTP server. The compile should now work. Heiko Quoting Heiko Zuerker <he...@zu...>: > Hi, > > I can reproduce the memcached compile problem. > I'm currently working on updating all the software versions and the > new memcached seems to compile fine. > > It'll be a few days until I'm done with this, then I'll upload the new > sources. > > -- > > Regards > Heiko Zuerker > http://www.devil-linux.org > > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ > EMC VNX: the world's simplest storage, starting under $10K > The only unified storage solution that offers unified management > Up to 160% more powerful than alternatives and 25% more efficient. > Guaranteed. http://p.sf.net/sfu/emc-vnx-dev2dev > _______________________________________________ > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > Dev...@li... > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Andrzej O. <an...@ma...> - 2011-09-02 00:53:48
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote: > I uploaded the latest memcached version and a couple of other changes > to the FTP server. > The compile should now work. Thanks Heiko, but... new dar has in /usr/share unusually long name, so now bootcd.iso isn't built... only squashfs. Regards Andrzej Odyniec |
|
From: Andrzej O. <an...@ma...> - 2011-09-02 11:51:11
|
I wrote: > but... new dar has in /usr/share unusually long name, so now bootcd.iso isn't > built... only squashfs. Sorry for the alarm; with default configuration there is no above effect. Only, when I compile DL with asterisk, so I must check process again. I will report results. Regards Andrzej Odyniec |
|
From: Andrzej O. <an...@ma...> - 2011-09-02 18:52:30
|
Heiko, I wrote: > but... new dar has in /usr/share unusually long name, so now bootcd.iso isn't > built... only squashfs. In default config DL builds bootcd.iso correctly. But if there is long file name in tree, mkisofs stops with message: > Creating the CD iso image, /build/tmp/bootcd.iso... > Warning: creating filesystem that does not conform to ISO-9660. > Warning: using transparent compression. This is a nonstandard Rock Ridge > extension. The resulting filesystem can only be transparently > read on Linux. On other operating systems you need to call > mkzftree by hand to decompress the files. > mkisofs: Error: ./usr/share/dar/html/classlibdar_1_1crit__in__place__data__more__recent__or__equal__to-members.html and ./usr/share/dar/html/classlibdar_1_1crit__in__place__data__more__recent__or__equal__to.html have the same Joliet name > mkisofs: Joliet file names differ after 65 chars > mkisofs: Try to use the option -joliet-long > mkisofs: Joliet tree sort failed. This happened for me, because asterisk needs doxygen and I appended doxygen to compilation. This doxygen was detected by dar and used, so in /usr/share/dar doxygen created documentation in files with unusually long filenames. Appending suggested -joliet-long option to mkisofs call solves problem. Maybe tomorrow this will touch the standard DL compilation? Best Regards Andrzej Odyniec |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2011-09-03 14:19:58
|
DONE -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org > -----Original Message----- > From: Andrzej Odyniec [mailto:an...@ma...] > Sent: Friday, September 02, 2011 1:52 PM > To: dev...@li... > Subject: Re: [Devil-linux-develop] DL memcached compiling problem > > Heiko, > > I wrote: > > but... new dar has in /usr/share unusually long name, so now > > bootcd.iso isn't built... only squashfs. > > In default config DL builds bootcd.iso correctly. But if there is long file name in > tree, mkisofs stops with message: > > > Creating the CD iso image, /build/tmp/bootcd.iso... > > Warning: creating filesystem that does not conform to ISO-9660. > > Warning: using transparent compression. This is a nonstandard Rock Ridge > > extension. The resulting filesystem can only be transparently > > read on Linux. On other operating systems you need to call > > mkzftree by hand to decompress the files. > > mkisofs: Error: > > > ./usr/share/dar/html/classlibdar_1_1crit__in__place__data__more__recen > > t__or__equal__to-members.html and > > > ./usr/share/dar/html/classlibdar_1_1crit__in__place__data__more__recen > > t__or__equal__to.html have the same Joliet name > > mkisofs: Joliet file names differ after 65 chars > > mkisofs: Try to use the option -joliet-long > > mkisofs: Joliet tree sort failed. > > This happened for me, because asterisk needs doxygen and I appended > doxygen to compilation. This doxygen was detected by dar and used, so in > /usr/share/dar doxygen created documentation in files with unusually long > filenames. > > Appending suggested -joliet-long option to mkisofs call solves problem. > Maybe tomorrow this will touch the standard DL compilation? > > Best Regards > > Andrzej Odyniec > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- > Special Offer -- Download ArcSight Logger for FREE! > Finally, a world-class log management solution at an even better price-free! > And you'll get a free "Love Thy Logs" t-shirt when you download Logger. > Secure your free ArcSight Logger TODAY! > http://p.sf.net/sfu/arcsisghtdev2dev > _______________________________________________ > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > Dev...@li... > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop |