|
From: Andrzej O. <an...@ma...> - 2011-01-19 16:56:31
|
Dears, Now build (from clean state) stops in install phase on minicom: > Making install in src > make[1]: Entering directory `/build/tmp/minicom-2.4/src' > gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../lib -DCONFDIR=\"/etc\" -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -mtune=i686 -march=i686 -Wall -W -mtune=i686 -march=i686 -MT minicom.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/minicom.Tpo -c -o minicom.o minicom.c > mv -f .deps/minicom.Tpo .deps/minicom.Po > gcc -mtune=i686 -march=i686 -Wall -W -mtune=i686 -march=i686 -o minicom minicom.o vt100.o config.o help.o updown.o util.o dial.o window.o wkeys.o ipc.o windiv.o sysdep1.o sysdep1_s.o sysdep2.o rwconf.o main.o file.o getsdir.o wildmat.o common.o ../lib/libport.a -lncurses > minicom.o: In function `do_iconv': > minicom.c:(.text+0x69f): undefined reference to `libiconv' > minicom.c:(.text+0x6fc): undefined reference to `libiconv' > minicom.o: In function `.L182': > minicom.c:(.text+0x1947): undefined reference to `libiconv_open' > minicom.o: In function `.L327': > minicom.c:(.text+0x3971): undefined reference to `libiconv_close' > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status > make[1]: *** [minicom] Error 1 > make[1]: Leaving directory `/build/tmp/minicom-2.4/src' > make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1 > ( libiconv hasn't install phase -- was installed in build. Both packages: minicom and libiconv are old and not updated. I don't understand this. Maybe You? Regards -- Andrzej Odyniec |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2011-01-19 18:22:56
|
Quoting Andrzej Odyniec <an...@ma...>: > Dears, > > Now build (from clean state) stops in install phase on minicom: >> Making install in src >> make[1]: Entering directory `/build/tmp/minicom-2.4/src' >> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../lib -DCONFDIR=\"/etc\" >> -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -mtune=i686 -march=i686 -Wall -W >> -mtune=i686 -march=i686 -MT minicom.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/minicom.Tpo >> -c -o minicom.o minicom.c >> mv -f .deps/minicom.Tpo .deps/minicom.Po >> gcc -mtune=i686 -march=i686 -Wall -W -mtune=i686 -march=i686 -o >> minicom minicom.o vt100.o config.o help.o updown.o util.o dial.o >> window.o wkeys.o ipc.o windiv.o sysdep1.o sysdep1_s.o sysdep2.o >> rwconf.o main.o file.o getsdir.o wildmat.o common.o >> ../lib/libport.a -lncurses >> minicom.o: In function `do_iconv': >> minicom.c:(.text+0x69f): undefined reference to `libiconv' >> minicom.c:(.text+0x6fc): undefined reference to `libiconv' >> minicom.o: In function `.L182': >> minicom.c:(.text+0x1947): undefined reference to `libiconv_open' >> minicom.o: In function `.L327': >> minicom.c:(.text+0x3971): undefined reference to `libiconv_close' >> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status >> make[1]: *** [minicom] Error 1 >> make[1]: Leaving directory `/build/tmp/minicom-2.4/src' >> make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1 >> ( > > libiconv hasn't install phase -- was installed in build. > > Both packages: minicom and libiconv are old and not updated. I don't > understand this. Maybe You? Are you using the default or a cusomized config? I have a nightly compile running and it ran through fine last night. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org ---------------------------------------------------------------- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. |
|
From: Andrzej O. <an...@ma...> - 2011-01-19 19:38:14
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote:
> Are you using the default or a cusomized config?
> I have a nightly compile running and it ran through fine last night.
Interresting. I'm using default config from beginning to end.
Always, when I'm not sure, before giving info to You, I repeat full build
process from clean beginning without making my patches and customizations.
Maybe host system is inadequate.
Host system is DL built without grsecurity, but not last... 1.4RC3-2010-03-30.
I'm building on this system as Yoy see, from near year.
But... maybe I need some changes in my default build process? Look into this,
please:
-----
I'm building all as always. Always preparing environment from begin to empty
lfssystem directory.
Build environment is from:
> tar -xjf lfssystem-SVN-20070314-cleaned.tar.bz2
And after this, build directory I get from CVS:
> cd lfssystem
> cvs -d:pserver:ano...@de...:/cvsroot/devil-linux login
> cvs -d:pserver:ano...@de...:/cvsroot/devil-linux co build
> cd ..
and after I'm copying sources from my pool for reduce internet transfer and
doing update source:
> cd lfssystem
> cp -dpv /var/sources/devil/src/* build/src/
> mkdir -p build/src/firmware/
> cp -dpv /var/sources/devil/src/firmware/* build/src/firmware/
> mkdir -p build/src/pecl/
> cp -dpv /var/sources/devil/src/pecl/* build/src/pecl/
> mkdir -p build/src/special/
> cp -dpv /var/sources/devil/src/special/* build/src/special/
> mkdir -p build/src/perl-ext/
> cp -dpv /var/sources/devil/src/perl-ext/* build/src/perl-ext/
> mkdir -p build/src/webmin-modules/
> cp -dpv /var/sources/devil/src/webmin-modules/* build/src/webmin-modules/
> cd build
> ./update_src
I'm updating sources always from [1]. After each update_src I'm always syncing
build/src/ to my private pool /var/sources/devil/src/
(Now I will run again getting all sources from ftp... maybe in sources I have
errors? Maybe my sources are broken i.e. because of disk errors?)
And after this as usally:
> chroot /var/design/lfssystem /usr/bin/env -i HOME=/root TERM=$TERM /bin/bash -login
and after:
> cd build
> make menuconfig
here I choose default config and save them and:
> make mrproper unpack prepare build install iso
So I suppose, this is default config on clean build.
Problems in minicom install log is strange... There is no references to libiconv
I have no idea as for now.
Regards
--
Andrzej Odyniec
<an...@ma...>
Rada Nadzorcza Macrologic SA
ul. Kłopotowskiego 22, 03-717 Warszawa
tel. +48-222566332, kom. +48-601276572
Skype: andrzej.odyniec
Rejestr: Sąd Rejonowy dla m.st. Warszawy,
XIII Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego
Rejestru Sądowego, numer 0000045462
Numer identyfikacji podatkowej: PL 5220002825
Kapitał zakładowy: 1888719 zł opłacony w całości
|
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2011-01-19 20:44:23
|
Hey, I can't see anything wrong with what you're doing. Let's try to force a re-compile of minicom: In the chroot: rm tmp/FLAGS/build/minicom make all Heiko Quoting Andrzej Odyniec <an...@ma...>: > Heiko Zuerker wrote: >> Are you using the default or a cusomized config? >> I have a nightly compile running and it ran through fine last night. > > Interresting. I'm using default config from beginning to end. > Always, when I'm not sure, before giving info to You, I repeat full build > process from clean beginning without making my patches and customizations. > > Maybe host system is inadequate. > > Host system is DL built without grsecurity, but not last... > 1.4RC3-2010-03-30. > I'm building on this system as Yoy see, from near year. > > But... maybe I need some changes in my default build process? Look into this, > please: > > ----- > I'm building all as always. Always preparing environment from begin to empty > lfssystem directory. > > Build environment is from: > > tar -xjf lfssystem-SVN-20070314-cleaned.tar.bz2 > > And after this, build directory I get from CVS: > >> cd lfssystem >> cvs >> -d:pserver:ano...@de...:/cvsroot/devil-linux >> login >> cvs >> -d:pserver:ano...@de...:/cvsroot/devil-linux >> co build > > cd .. > > and after I'm copying sources from my pool for reduce internet transfer and > doing update source: > >> cd lfssystem >> cp -dpv /var/sources/devil/src/* build/src/ >> mkdir -p build/src/firmware/ >> cp -dpv /var/sources/devil/src/firmware/* build/src/firmware/ >> mkdir -p build/src/pecl/ >> cp -dpv /var/sources/devil/src/pecl/* build/src/pecl/ >> mkdir -p build/src/special/ >> cp -dpv /var/sources/devil/src/special/* build/src/special/ >> mkdir -p build/src/perl-ext/ >> cp -dpv /var/sources/devil/src/perl-ext/* build/src/perl-ext/ >> mkdir -p build/src/webmin-modules/ >> cp -dpv /var/sources/devil/src/webmin-modules/* build/src/webmin-modules/ >> cd build >> ./update_src > > I'm updating sources always from [1]. After each update_src I'm > always syncing > build/src/ to my private pool /var/sources/devil/src/ > > (Now I will run again getting all sources from ftp... maybe in sources I have > errors? Maybe my sources are broken i.e. because of disk errors?) > > And after this as usally: > >> chroot /var/design/lfssystem /usr/bin/env -i HOME=/root TERM=$TERM >> /bin/bash -login > > and after: >> cd build >> make menuconfig > here I choose default config and save them and: > >> make mrproper unpack prepare build install iso > > So I suppose, this is default config on clean build. > > Problems in minicom install log is strange... There is no references > to libiconv > > I have no idea as for now. > > Regards > > -- > Andrzej Odyniec > > <an...@ma...> > Rada Nadzorcza Macrologic SA > ul. Kłopotowskiego 22, 03-717 Warszawa > tel. +48-222566332, kom. +48-601276572 > Skype: andrzej.odyniec > Rejestr: Sąd Rejonowy dla m.st. Warszawy, > XIII Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego > Rejestru Sądowego, numer 0000045462 > Numer identyfikacji podatkowej: PL 5220002825 > Kapitał zakładowy: 1888719 zł opłacony w całości > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ > Protect Your Site and Customers from Malware Attacks > Learn about various malware tactics and how to avoid them. Understand > malware threats, the impact they can have on your business, and how you > can protect your company and customers by using code signing. > http://p.sf.net/sfu/oracle-sfdevnl > _______________________________________________ > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > Dev...@li... > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop > -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org ---------------------------------------------------------------- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. |
|
From: Andrzej O. <an...@ma...> - 2011-01-20 13:09:29
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote: > I can't see anything wrong with what you're doing. > Let's try to force a re-compile of minicom: > > In the chroot: > rm tmp/FLAGS/build/minicom > make all Thanks for suggestion. I will try it next time if needed. As for now, this night I run build with all sources from ftp, but now I found build waiting in build/prepare for Maximum number of CPUs (NR_CPUS) [32] (NEW) I think, this is according to Serge changes because of Joachim note on discuss. So I pushed this and I'm waiting Regards -- Andrzej Odyniec |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2011-01-20 15:26:43
|
Quoting Andrzej Odyniec <an...@ma...>: > Heiko Zuerker wrote: >> I can't see anything wrong with what you're doing. >> Let's try to force a re-compile of minicom: >> >> In the chroot: >> rm tmp/FLAGS/build/minicom >> make all > > Thanks for suggestion. I will try it next time if needed. > > As for now, this night I run build with all sources from ftp, but now I found > build waiting in build/prepare for > > Maximum number of CPUs (NR_CPUS) [32] (NEW) > > I think, this is according to Serge changes because of Joachim note > on discuss. > > So I pushed this and I'm waiting This shouldn't have happened. I updated some code yesterday, hopefully I didn't screw anything up. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org ---------------------------------------------------------------- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. |
|
From: Andrzej O. <an...@ma...> - 2011-01-21 10:44:39
|
Hi, Thanks for Your attention. Just as I suspected, after downloading all the sources from ftp, everything is built correctly. Of course I have no way to determine the specific cause. Perhaps something was damaged on the drive. Or seemed to lftp client that does not need to update something in my backup sources. Heiko Zuerker wrote: > This shouldn't have happened. > I updated some code yesterday, hopefully I didn't screw anything up. I work on computers for over 30 years, beginning from CDC CYBER, ICL, UNIVAC, DGC, PDP... Half my life I was a designer, programmer, tester. And I know that sometimes, things can happen. If from time to time I pay attention and thus to help out, all my pleasure. :) I will try as soon as the next compilation. Regards -- Andrzej Odyniec |