Hi Andrzej,
this is my "hack":
RCS file: /cvsroot/devil-linux/build/scripts/glibc,v
retrieving revision 1.57
diff -u -r1.57 glibc
--- glibc 6 Jan 2010 15:20:24 -0000 1.57
+++ glibc 30 Mar 2010 00:37:16 -0000
@@ -145,7 +145,7 @@
popd || exit 1
rm -rf $TMPDIR || exit 1
-
+ rm -f /etc/localtime && ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/EST
/etc/localtime || exit 1
;;
install )
Serge
On 03/29/2010 04:25 AM, Andrzej Odyniec wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Behavior I observed is typical, when timezone in build environment is not set
> correctly. But As for now, I don't know, who (which package) is source of this.
>
> Builds I'm doing on DL (without of grsec ofcourse). But i think, source of
> problem is not in base system.
>
> After chrooting, there is executed /root/.bash_profile and there is set
> timezone by zic.
>
> After chrooting command 'date' is working correctly.
>
> But immediatelly before Linux kernel is to be build, "date" is working
> incorrectly:
>
>> root:/build# date
>> Mon Mar 29 11:05:40 Local time zone must be set--see zic manual page 2010
>
> so version is set incorrectly as mkcompile_h script used in kernel build
> process to create compile.h header with defined kernel version string uses
> "date" command to insert date into kernel version string. Because of this
> after booting built system I obtain:
>
>> root:~ # uname -v
>> #1 SMP Sun Mar 28 02:06:17 Local time zone must be set--see zic
>
> I don't know, who (which package in his build process) destroys settings of
> timezone (/etc/timezone file?). TIMEZONE variable is set coorectly. And after
> calling zic again all is coorect.
>
> I patch for my needs linux script, setting here again timezone by zic. But
> maybe You know better place to do it.
>
> Best regards
>
|